Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

salads

brendamercierbrendamercier Posts: 14Member Posts: 14Member
Mike,

I've been on the website for about three weeks now and am confused about one thing.
I cannot find "salad" "ceasar salad" "green salad" "lettuce" or anything like this. Under salad the only thing that is close to a green salad is the Mcdonalds side salad. Is salad in the dictionary? Am I looking for it wrong?

Brenda

Replies

• brendamercierbrendamercier Posts: 14Member Posts: 14Member
    Mike,

I've been on the website for about three weeks now and am confused about one thing.
    I cannot find "salad" "ceasar salad" "green salad" "lettuce" or anything like this. Under salad the only thing that is close to a green salad is the Mcdonalds side salad. Is salad in the dictionary? Am I looking for it wrong?

Brenda
  • VontreesaVontreesa Posts: 14Member Posts: 14Member
    All I know to do is find out how many calories your salad has, then add your own item into your food journal.....That's what I do
  • brendamercierbrendamercier Posts: 14Member Posts: 14Member
    Thanks. This is what I do but the calories are so few I feel as though I am doing it wrong.
  • MikeMike Posts: 824Member Member Posts: 824Member Member
    Sorry it took a bit for me to get back to you Brenda. There are a few salads from fast food restaurants in the database that you can add to your diary. If you made your own salad, then you can add the ingredients of your salad to your diary separately. That's probably the most accurate way to do it because the calories in a salad can vary fairly significantly depending on what you put in it. For example, whether your salad has any cheese, nuts, or fruits in it, how much and what kind of dressing you put on it, etc. can all swing the total calories in the salad by quite a bit.