DECEMBER CHALLENGE

123457»

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,605 Member
    Dear all, just wanted to apologise again for being so absent through the December challenge. I did try, but with things still very hectic at work, and family very demanding, I found it really hard to keep track of all the little bits and pieces involved with this month's challenge. It was getting to stress me out. Becky, I'm particularly sorry to you, as I know how hard you worked on all this.

I will be back, fighting fit and focused, for January.
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Hello Everyone... Happy Holidays! It's the start of the weekend for me, as I am somewhat "forced" to take a 4-day weekend. I don't think that I am gonna follow it... but I am hopeful to really, really enjoy this day! IF there are any splurges left in me prior to hitting things hard - they will be today. However, that really is just POPCORN at the movie theatre... he, he, he. It is a weakness! I love, love, LOVE it! I want to go to Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol... and We Bought A Zoo... I have a couple free movie tickets that expire 12/31/11 so that makes me want to go even more! I will sneak a pop in so that I can have a 0 calorie one... but even my "drinks" with a friend will probably be crystal light with rum blended up! So... relatively good choices. We may go to dinner - mexican - but then I will be having steak fajitas minus the tortillas, cheese, guac & sour cream. And YES - I will still enjoy that!

Anyway - I know it's been quiet in here and I really encourage everyone to do just what they can do... I thought that if we had a focus each day, versus needing to keep building on things that it might make it easier... but it seems that it ended up being more complicated than simple?!? Anyway - I hope that everyone keeps trying the newer exercises, sees the importance of taking care of ourselves and finds that even focusing on one thing with nutrition each day does make a difference!

The one thing that I am still REALLY, REALLY encouraging everyone to do is the Self-Care Challenge for December 31... I've been working on mine and it has gotten me really excited about my life, what I can do and the coming year! I am already figuring out how I can start crossing things off my list! he, he, he!
  • lombrica
    Did we lose everyone? Checking in....
  • well u pretty much lost me on the challenge, but i'm still here!
    just back from our xmas trip to the inlaws, where i managed to gain almost 2 lbs (ugh)
    so i'm going to stay off challenge, but back on diet
    i'm so sorry!!!!

i will be reading what i missed and trying many of the exercises

u picked a hard month for the challenge - december is tough!!!!!!!!!!!
    but thank u so much for doing it, because it's still the little angel on my shoulder :)
  • Ziggie13
    Ziggie13 Posts: 248
    Did we lose everyone? Checking in....

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: I'm still here Becky :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,894 Member
    I'm still here and plugging away. This was a great challenge and perhaps we can redo this one a couple of months when everyone is back in the swing of things. Just a thought. Carla
  • carhicks
    Okay everyone. I have been trying these new exercises and have actually added several of them to my weekly routine. Those one leg squats are impossible. I get into the squat position against the wall, then I am supposed to lift my leg. Yeah right. My family was watching me and my son asked, "What are you doing? I thought they were one-leg?" I told him they were, but I couldn't lift my leg. My dumb-*kitten* husband asks "why not". My daughter-in-law says because she can't lift it. He asks again. In exasperation, I again said because I can't. What is wrong with men anyway. I hope the rest of you have better luck than I did.
  • lombrica
    Okay everyone. I have been trying these new exercises and have actually added several of them to my weekly routine. Those one leg squats are impossible. I get into the squat position against the wall, then I am supposed to lift my leg. Yeah right. My family was watching me and my son asked, "What are you doing? I thought they were one-leg?" I told him they were, but I couldn't lift my leg. My dumb-*kitten* husband asks "why not". My daughter-in-law says because she can't lift it. He asks again. In exasperation, I again said because I can't. What is wrong with men anyway. I hope the rest of you have better luck than I did.

Please accept this as it is TRULY meant... but... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: THANK YOU!! You made my day!
  • Ziggie13
    Ziggie13 Posts: 248

Please accept this as it is TRULY meant... but... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: THANK YOU!! You made my day!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Sorry, I just had to :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Thanks I needed that :laugh: today !!!!!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,605 Member
    I'm still here and plugging away. This was a great challenge and perhaps we can redo this one a couple of months when everyone is back in the swing of things. Just a thought. Carla

That's probably a good idea. I'm acutely aware of how hard this must have been to set up, and feel badly that I just couldn't keep up with it. December is just a bit of a crazy month, isn't it?
  • andilynn82
    andilynn82 Posts: 75 Member
    I'm going to update the spreadsheet with what I did finish, but I know I was far away from my 85% goal.

Definitely agree with the others that we should repeat this in a few months, because it was an awesome challenge. I tried to keep up (even had the calendar portion of the spreadsheet printed out) but didn't realize just how busy December would get.
  • carhicks
    Well, I was shooting for 90% as I tend to be an overachiever. I reached 80% so am happy with that considering the holidays and all. Some of those fitness things I just physically could not do, but I will do them before this year is out. Thanks again Becky.
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 717 Member
    We made it!! We all got through the December challenge!!!!!!!!!!!! Now on to a new year

Pam