Question!!!!!!!!

2»

Replies

• NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    So why is it that when a rather plump person like my self walks into a gym people start to laugh and make side remarks. Obviously im there for a reason duh to change my lifestyle and you who is laughing jus makes it alot harder. I use to care keyword (use) hmmm now i don't because im like to hell with you lol i don't know you. I just focus on my future and that keeps me going! Has anyone had this happen to them?

Wow, I am so sorry that you have to deal with that! People are so rude. It is so frustrating. I know that personally when I started this journey and I was very overweight I didn't have this problem. But, that might be because I go to a small local gym in my small town. Who knows. But, now that I am pretty much at my goal weight, when I see larger people come into the gym, my heart feels happy for them. I am so happy that they are taking the first step to making themselves more healthy and that makes me happy. Don't let people get you down, just keep your chin up and keep going. Good luck!!!
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    I've been there and I promptly switched gyms. We go to the YMCA now. I get encourged every time I walk in the door. The staff, the trainers, the other people there working out all have positive things to say. It's a completely different envirnoment. Don't get me wrong there are still plenty of issues (kids running around all over the place), but I have never felt like someone was laughing at me because I'm trying to do something to change my life.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    I have never seen anyone laughed at/gossiped about at my current gym.
    I go on my lunch hour - its all other professionals doing their own thing - all shapes sizes. Get in get out.
    That's how I like it.
  • Beckym1205
    Beckym1205 Posts: 217 Member
    So why is it that when a rather plump person like my self walks into a gym people start to laugh and make side remarks. Obviously im there for a reason duh to change my lifestyle and you who is laughing jus makes it alot harder. I use to care keyword (use) hmmm now i don't because im like to hell with you lol i don't know you. I just focus on my future and that keeps me going! Has anyone had this happen to them?

There was a guy I would see at my gym (when I would go at 5 AM) and he was arround 300 pounds. I never laughed at him but I always smiled when I saw he was there because it made me happy to see him making the effort to change his lifestyle and improve his health.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member

They probably don't... just the "rather plump" people being paranoid. More often than not I'm thinking...ahh good on her / him for getting their butt down... but they're not doing the right thing and if I go up to them and try and give them tips I'll probably humiliate them and they'll be discouraged...
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Girl, don't let them get you down. There's nothing funny about that. Now, THESE people at the gym ARE funny:

muscle2.jpg