I need a grocery list !

2»

Replies

• bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    I would continue to eat what your parents cook, but only in smaller portions. Add more veggies and salads to what they prepare. And then buy some healthy snack foods. Protein and fruits.

The reason is twofold. One it saves you money from having to buy 100% of the food you are eating. Secondly you will be leading by example. If your parents diet is unhealthy, you will be showing them how to add some healthy options to their own diet.

I agree with this...buy enough additional veggie and salads and fruit to share with them, after all they're willing to share with you. Tell them you would like to contribute to the meals by bulking them up. Also offer to cook sometimes and make the whole meal healthy. This is a win-win situation. You can make a positive difference.

Totally agree! This is what I do with my family's meals - replace ingredients with healthier versions of the same thing, and add healthy sides to it. That way you're not having to buy all your own groceries and in a way, you can eat what they eat without having to prepare all your own meals.

Some staples to have on hand that I always buy: skim milk, eggs, ground turkey, oatmeal, whole grain bread or waffles, fruit, Greek yogurt.
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    I usually buy
    Healthy quaker oats the canister cheaper and lasts longer
    craisins/raisins/nuts
    apples
    strawberries
    blueberries
    kefir ( probiotic liquid drink)
    bananas
    orange
    sara lee 45 calorie bread
    mozzarella cheese sticks
    chiobani yogurt
    eggs
    brummel and brown yogurt butter
    quinoa
    chicken breast
    tuna
    crab
    shrimp
    frozen veggies and fruit for dinner and smoothies
    sweet potatoes
    avocados
    water loads of it!
    basil linguine/ pasta sauce
    the list can go on but you get the gist!!

You can look at recipes on here that are quick and easy!