OCD

2»

Replies

• silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Been there Done that.. Ive been pretty clear for 3-4 years.
    Repeat mental thoughts and ruminations are devastating,
    I still get them when I'm under extreme stress..
    Look at it a little differently .... it doesn't flare up, you flare up and it's off to the races :) I know...

ugh. my effing OCD is driving me effing crazy.
    i'm happy. and on the inside, i'm happy. but never fully present because i always have crap running through my head... and not in the sense that normal people do.

but hell, i'm gonna give myself credit. i'm over four years sober, i've lost 10 lbs, i have an amazing family and awesome friends, and i've conquered a TON of my general anxiety. so yeah. just wanted to vent.

i use a couple of stop the thought tricks when i catch it.

You should also see a psychiatrist not a psychologist due to prior alcohol use.. I had too after self medicating the anxiety away for years. Your brain chemistry is different now. 1 -3 visits and your done.

first off, you don't know me so you don't know that i already have seen a psychiatrist and that i'm on medication. but it's not your place to advise me to do anything. you just take care of you. i'm 5+ years sober. not 6 weeks, grasping at sanity. thank you though.
  • Your welcome for what it's worth...
    I'm not trying to advise you of anything. I read the whole thread.
    I guess what i was really trying to say is five sober is a long time.
    I stopped in 2006 my chemistry and life are very different now.

As the anxiety went down and years passed I had to back off the medication on multiple occasions and re-adjust to stop the re-occurrence crap.
    Learn to Keep my brain " Present" not wanderiing..

Good luck! I wish you well.