What is your strangest fear?

Replies

• I am afraid, more like disgusted by frogs

OMG! I thought I would be the only one - I hate them, despise them... if i see one on tv I am guaranteed to have nightmares about them !!! seriously I really do....lol
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    I'm not sure that it's necessarily a strange fear, but I'm always afraid that I will walk out of a bathroom with toilet paper stuck to my shoe. I have been afraid of this ever since I can remember and it's never even happened to me! I always look behind me when I leave a bathroom to make sure there isn't any on my shoe and I usually check other people's shoes too! I'm rediculous.
  • lisaelainee
    lisaelainee Posts: 248 Member
    balloons and elastic bands
  • sockpuppets. and getting my teeth bashed up.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    I really hate mirror face reflections when it's dark - I start to see my face in a weird creepy way and it freaks me out. It isn't helped that the only thing I can see much of at first is the eyes. If I have to walk past a mirror to get to the light switch I'll duck down or purposely look away. In the light I'm fine with them.
  • AnnaMaus
    AnnaMaus Posts: 167 Member
    Cholera.

You can die in as little as 12 hours. Out of your butt.
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    I hate the undersides of boats. They are just creepy and terrifying and I hate them. Pics like this creep the hell out of me:

prop1.jpg

My worst fear would probably be falling off a cruise ship and being really close to the underside there. I don't know where the fear comes from, and as far as I'm concerned it's sort of a random one.

Ugh. That picture gives me the heebie-jeebies.

I think i found my new weird fear, hahaha.
  • Cholera.

Did you get this fear from oregon trails? xD
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    I'm afraid a little afraid of heights which is a more common one. But i once dated a girl who was afraid of aliens. She swore she had been abducted lol.

she wouldn't have done well at my military high school...
    It is in the infamous Roswell, NM =)
  • AnnaMaus
    AnnaMaus Posts: 167 Member
    Cholera.

Did you get this fear from oregon trails? xD

No, I was reading about the risks of spending cuts in infrastructure. Our municipality is very large and several billion dollars in debt...
  • overzoelous
    overzoelous Posts: 161 Member
    This will make me sound vain, but becoming disfigured (severely burned, losing a limb) and getting psoriasis (my skin is probably the only thing that I really love about my body). And then more than anything, being diagnosed with schizophrenia. Esp if it were in the early 1900s and I was admitted to an asylum against my will.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    My strangest fear is just weird and morbid, lol.

On my job, I see plenty of dead bodies. And for some reason, I have this fear that if I don't continue to watch it, then it will move...like it will sit up, or it will reach out, or that the eyes will open...IDK, it's weird. :tongue:

And to make it weirder...it's not like they even look "asleep." You know...murder victims and such.

I watch too many zombie movies.
  • Rosepetals11
    Rosepetals11 Posts: 32 Member
    Ever since I was a little kid I had this weird fear of underwater trees at the lake I used to swim at. There were these old trees that the water covered and I kicked one once swimming out to the deep part. It freaked me the heck out.
    I also have this weird fear of all of my teeth shattering. I have dreams about it all the time and when I wake up my mouth hurts. =/
    And of course, heaven forbid something happening to my baby.
  • I'm scared of crossing the streets at the light. I jaywalk instead. O_o
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    I can't figure out what's worse...that spider video on page 8...or all those responses that quoted it so I had to see it multiple times before moving on to page 9.

I may have to start peeing in the bath tub now.
  • psychc
    psychc Posts: 28
    moths! I can't stand them....they freak me out!
  • Clarecbear82
    Clarecbear82 Posts: 369 Member
    I've always been scared of mirrors at night. I somehow expect someone on the other side to be watching.

I'm also scared of spiders coming out of the toilet.

I live in a ground floor flat and we have a glass kitchen door to an outside passageway.I keep having nightmares of a clown just standing there staring. I walked in the kitchen the other night turned the light on and domr
    Teenagers where standing there to keep out of the rain. I nearly had a heartattack lol.
  • i'm scared of escalators. whenever i would have to ride one, there will ALWAYS be a line forming behind me coz it takes me about several minutes to decide to step on the escalator.

some of my friends get so caught up in helping me get over this fear that they resort to carrying me onto the escalator or counting really loud like " okay hon, on three okay? ONE TWO THREE! oh wait, she's still not ready.." *Crickets*:embarassed:
  • she wouldn't have done well at my military high school...
    It is in the infamous Roswell, NM =)

Lol..

:tongue:
  • RensR
    RensR Posts: 23
    Oh God, any metal under water. Huge fear. I could never ever scuba dive to see a shipwreck *shudders*