What is your strangest fear?

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• Eddie111
    Options
    One thing that really scares me or its something I see in the back of mind, is that if I'm holding a gun and someone moves I turn and fire without thinking. I own a couple of guns but for the past few years I want take them out of the closet. My grandson wants me to take him hunting I want and can't tell him why I might sound silly.
  • Eddie111
    Options
    True story I live out in the country, I new an older couple a few years back they went to bed and heard a noise coming from the bathroom. Charlie & Ethel got up and went to the bathroom to see what was making the noise they found nothing so they went back to bed. The noise staterd again sounded like something thrashing around went back to the bathroom, the noise was coming from the commode they lifted the seat and found a big black snake true story.
  • gardengal01
    Options
    Driving between 2 semis. I have a mini panic attack until I pass them :frown:
  • Angelie28
    Angelie28 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Holes in the skin....or any kind of weird skin disease

I cant even think about it lol
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Options
    moths! I can't stand them....they freak me out!

Never, ever watch Phantoms
  • chatdude
    Options

prop1.jpg

Ugh. That picture gives me the heebie-jeebies.

Lol honestly it's possible you lived a previous life and perhaps were even on the titanic or some ship that went down and the last thing you remember is seeing the underside of the ship...

I know it sounds like a stretch but everytime you are born you are born on experience only. If you have always had this fear and its unexplainable, then that might be possibility.
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    sharks - not very strange :noway:
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I have a fear of catching on fire. I hate any kind of burn, I'll take a cut any day of the week instead. Death by fire...worst case scenario in my book!
  • goodmonster
    Options
    seaweed

static shock (I get angry & freaked out)

cysts (disgusted fear that I'll get shot in the eye with the 'goo' if someone even talks about it. Yeap. Craazzyy)
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I am afraid to drive into parking ramps.

I got my license when I was 45 yrs old (yeah, late bloomer!), and to this day, I have to hold my breath and grit my teeth when driving into a parking ramp - ESPECIALLY if I've never been in that particular one. I'm okay once I've been in the same one a few times, though.

And I have a lot of fears of car accidents.......sometimes visualizing a car running headlong into me, or veering off the road into the ditch. Ugggh.

But I LOVE driving!!! and they'll have to pry the steering wheel out of my cold, dead hands :wink: :wink:
  • branflake5
    Options
    I am afraid of windows that don't have a curtain or blind covering them at night. I feel like I am gonna look out it and something is gonna be looking back at me, it is terrifying but for some reason I am drawn to look lol
  • branflake5
    Options
    Very afraid of spiders all bugs really. I didn't think it was odd although my heart rate is not elevated from skimming past the horrible video on page 9 of this thread. Now I will be paranoid all night long
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    my main one would be the roof space in houses. I know they are there, but dont try to get me to open the manhole or look inside. I couldn't even straighten the one is this house when the ..possum/monster/creepy thing knocked it askew. I got someone else to do it.

heights and being next to fully laden semis (usually with shipping containers) give me the willies.

I also don't like 'wild' water - ie. anything that isn't a chlorinated swimming pool. There are bugs and jelly fish and other assorted THINGS in there! I blame this one on almost drowning in the dam (with yabbies in it) when I was 7 or so.

Spiders higher than say...chest height. I have to vacuum them up..especially huntsmans. Watched Arachnophobia too many times. :o I can tolerate black house spiders or daddy long legs in their window cracks/corners of the rooms though - they eat bugs.
  • AngelaWeber
    AngelaWeber Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Some of these post are HILARIOUS! Its truly making me LAUGH OUT LOUD! Its not funny though because I know that our "irrational" fears feel so "rational" when they're happening. Me, I'm deathly afraid of birds, any kind of bird. A pigeon, a seagull, ducks, swans, parrot, peacock - any bird with feathers freaks me the hell out. The thought of being trapped in a room with a loose bird is my ultimate fear! When they flap their wings it terrifies me. My son and hubby love to go to the beach and board walk and the seagulls down there run wild and just swoop down and try and take your food if you have any. I am paralyzed if they come near me, I can't run because I feel like they'll chase me and catch me and peck me with their sharp little beaks and sharp claws. I'm scared right now just thinking about it.

Sidenote: I was never afraid of birds until I was feeding them one day, pigeons, some bread crumbs and I ran out. Next thing I know a pigeon swoops down from the sky and scratches my arm. I thought I was going to die!! I thought I had all kinds of diseases and couldn't believe the freaking bird "attacked" me. The movie Birds, freaks me out but I still watch it LOL.