Super Powers

Replies

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited December 2018
    The power to manipulate time...

Slow it, speed it up, rewind it, create it, destroy it, step outside of it etc

Then I can stretch my weekend as long as I want and get this night of work over with lol

I could fast forward, see the future, rewind and change it...

Fast forward and see the winning lotto numbers, rewind it and win it

Take a risk, fast forward, if it doesn't pan out, rewind and change it
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    edited December 2018

Then I can stretch my weekend as long as I want and get this night of work over with lol

This is too much power. You'd become obsessed with the butterfly effect and try to create the perfect timeline. It would be a burden. I'm sure some paradox exists within this. Like if you know the future and can change it then it's not really the future and the version you want is but you changed it?

t.

Hard Determinist
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits

This is too much power. You'd become obsessed with the butterfly effect and try to create the perfect timeline. It would be a burden. I'm sure some paradox exists within this. Like if you know the future and can change it then it's not really the future and the version you want is but you changed it?

t.

Hard Determinist

But what's a super power without some sort of heroic/tragic flaw...

I could bring back the cure for cancer or heart disease... Go into the future to a day where there is an elixir of immortality... Then all bets are off lol
  • amorfati601070

t.

Hard Determinist

I could bring back the cure for cancer or heart disease... Go into the future to a day where there is an elixir of immortality... Then all bets are off lol

But being immortal renders life devoid of meaning. Living for eternity would be terrible. I sort of can't wait to die. A dreamless sleep in the void...sounds peaceful.. irrational to fear the literal void. Guess it depends on what you believe in.

Cure cancer and there would be mass overpopulation. When you solve one problem another always takes it place.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits

t.

Hard Determinist

But being immortal renders life devoid of meaning. Living for eternity would be terrible. I sort of can't wait to die. A dreamless sleep in the void...sounds peaceful.. irrational to fear the literal void. Guess it depends on what you believe in.

Cure cancer and there would be mass overpopulation. When you solve one problem another always takes it place.

You could always go back to before you drank the elixir and redo your life all over again, after you've had fun as an immortal...

Space would still be a problem, I mean you'd still have to travel from a to b, although being able to stop time would make it seem instantaneous to everyone, it wouldn't be for you...

Unless you fast forward time as part of it... Nevermind, problem solved lol...

Although your right, curing all diseases begats famine... Or soylent green
    is people
  • amorfati601070
    edited December 2018

t.

Hard Determinist

You could always go back to before you drank the elixir and redo your life all over again, after you've had fun as an immortal...

Space would still be a problem, I mean you'd still have to travel from a to b, although being able to stop time would make it seem instantaneous to everyone, it wouldn't be for you...

is people
    This makes the action of drinking the elixir pointless. The threat of death is probably the most powerful motivator and most of our actions..Even the most simple ones can be traced back to the start of the chain of thought. If you cant die there is no reason to do anything. Do you even YOLO bro?
    ;)
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits

t.

Hard Determinist

is people
    This makes the action of drinking the elixir pointless. The threat of death is probably the most powerful motivator and most of our actions..Even the most simple ones can be traced back to the start of the chain of thought. If you cant die there is no reason to do anything. Do you even YOLO bro?
    ;)

Sure there is.... Happiness :smile:

It's the one thing we strive to achieve for no other sake but itself.
  • amorfati601070
    edited December 2018

t.

Hard Determinist

is people
    ;)

Yes, were all hedonist but remember without suffering pleasure and happiness cannot exist. To live is to suffer. Back on immortality, if you can live forever you might as well be dead. Say you believe in the afterlife, is that not some form of eternal existence? What is the difference?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits

t.

Hard Determinist

is people
    ;)

Yes, were all hedonist but remember without suffering pleasure and happiness cannot exist. To live is to suffer. Back on immortality, if you can live forever you might as well be dead. Say you believe in the afterlife, is that not some form of eternal existence? What is the difference?

The difference being I'm just not ready to accept death... If I had the power to take such an elixer, then reverse it... Why not 🤷🏽‍♂️

Would I want to live forever... Probably not, but I don't think that's a question anyone could honestly answer

Look at it this way, say you had the power to choose the hour of your death... I don't think most people would ever honestly decide its time to go.

I can't accept the notion that if you could live forever you might as well be dead, because there's so much to live for.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    OK so the name Captain Fantastic is actually a character I created(Yes. long before the Viggo Mortensen movie) and his super power was he could make anyone smile

That's so sweet!

I already know I have the power of invisibility considering all the drivers who just looooove to make their turns when I'm walking right in the middle of the intersection or the one guy who rearended me when I was stopped at a stop sign and said he didn't see me there. :p
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    It’s a hard one but the idea of having regenerative healing powers would be amazing. Especially if I could utilize it on others in need.

So you would be a healing mage
  • Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    OK so the name Captain Fantastic is actually a character I created(Yes. long before the Viggo Mortensen movie) and his super power was he could make anyone smile

Think you aced it dude😁🤗👍
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    I’d want to heal like Wolverine. I’ve had too many surgeries and scars. Would be nice to not have them. Plus it would be great not living with asthma.
  • Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    edited December 2018
    I want to be able to feel or read what others are feeling mostly for selfish reasons so I can always be able or know what my son is dealing with as he can't always tell me. But also do I know how someone really feels and how better to react....like....do I need to hug or drop kick someone...ya know? 🤷😋
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    i just want Sylar's intuitive adaptability from Heroes. then I could have any power.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    I want to be able to feel or read what others are feeling mostly for selfish reasons so I can always be able or know what my son is dealing with as he can't always tell me. But also do I know how someone really feels and how better to react....like....do I need to hug or drop kick someone...ya kniw.🤷😋

I'd say drop kick-em first ---then you could hug em
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    edited December 2018
    I want to be able to feel or read what others are feeling mostly for selfish reasons so I can always be able or know what my son is dealing with as he can't always tell me. But also do I know how someone really feels and how better to react....like....do I need to hug or drop kick someone...ya kniw.🤷😋

I just always assume people need a drop kick or throat punch. At some point they will so it saves time 😆