If you HAD to choose 3 meals to live on...

Replies

• If they made me lose weight I could live on

1 - Sausage and mash with gravy

2 - Fish and chips with curry sauce

3 - The whole of CHRISTMAS!!!(Meaning all the food we eat over the holidays!)

I love Christmas I would never get tired of a turkey dinner and everything that goes with it!
  • - Warm butternut squash and beetroot salad with pan-fried halloumi
    - An arabic feast of salads, falafel, pita bread and lots of yummy dips
    - Home-made tuna and pineapple pizza

:smile:
    Those first two sound divine. I adore Mediterranean and Arabic foods.

My list:

1. I'll copy the Arabic feast above. Baba ganoush, hummus, tabouleh, shish tawook, lamb kabobs, ... Accompanied by a light red wine.

2. An Italian feast. Caprese salad to start: tangy buffalo mozarella, vine ripened tomatoes, and garden fresh basil, all drizzled with olive oil and a sprinkling of kosher salt and cracked black pepper. Next, a small baked ziti, with anise-spiced sausage and tube pasta smothered in tangy melted cheeses. Finally, an expertly prepared fish, either a seared filet or a whole fish, scented with lemon and fresh herbs, and served with artichoke hearts. Accompanied by a luscious dry red wine.

3. Classic American cheeseburger with skin-on steak-cut fries. Third pound of meat, medium rare and still dripping in juices, nestled in a toasted sesame seed bun, with fresh red-leaf lettuce, thick slice of tomato, thinly sliced onion, a swipe of mustard, and a slice of melted cheddar. Catsup on the side, to dip the hot salted fries. Served with an ice cold Coke or Shiner Bock.

4. I'm cheating by adding a fourth: Japanese sushi and rabata meal. The cool sushi and sashimi are edible art forms - bluefin tuna, spiney lobster, sayori, branzini, abalone. A clear broth soup. Then delicacies from the rabata grill: crisped red snapper, whole rainbow trout, crab legs, peppers dipped in salt and chili powder. Served with chilled sake.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Crab legs with butter...

Bruschetta from Ledo's...

Carrot Cake from Outback Steakhouse....
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Steak and Potatoes
    Pizza
    Beer.
  • Mrs_Moe
    Mrs_Moe Posts: 68 Member
    Pizza
    Swedish Fish Candy
    Sandwiches
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Sushi
    Shellfish in wine & butter
    Pulled pork with tangy barbecue sauce and slow cooked collard greens (I'm southern!)
  • Hibachi Steak and Scallop Fried Rice, veggies, and cabbage, with lots of white sauce with California Rolls and lots of sake!
    MEXICAN (anything off th menu, or well EVERYTHING basically DELISH!) with diet dr pepper
    Sour Cream Chicken (something me and the hubs made up), roasted brussel sprouts, onions, and mushrooms, and cheesey mashed potatoes with sweet tea!
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    1 - Fried eggs, bacon, skillet fried potatos, toast lightly buttered
    2 - lasagna, salad with caesar dressing, thick crusty garlic bread
    3 - ribeye (or filet), baked potato, corn on the cob
  • +Sesame chicken w/ crab rangoons and a side of fried rice

+ Taco salad with grilled chicken, a glob of guacamole and sour cream, and suuuuper spicy sauce.

+ Vegetable lo mein with a spicy mayo sauce.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    1. Salmon patties over nut and grain toast with sour cream and sun dried tomatoes in olive oil on top. I would eat at least 2

2. protein shake made with 2 scoops of chocolate muscle milk powder, 2 tbs coconut oil, 1 tbs coffee-mate peppermint mocha creamer and some fresh mint leaves blended with ice. I eat half of this portion as a snack I would love to eat it all though!

3. 5 oz frozen spinach, 1 oz fresh/frozen fengureek leaves, 1/2 onion, 4 cloves garlic, 2 lemons (juice), 2 tbs olive oil, then an extra 2 tbs olive oil in the end, 2 oz paneer cheese and 4 roties. This is so delish! and high in calories I can never eat what I want. If I eat the spinach and fegureek with paneer part I cant have the roti and vise versa :(
  • Lovemydounts
    Lovemydounts Posts: 199 Member
    pizza,cheese dogs,mcdonalds
  • I would eat nuts all day long (you are what you eat)

Olive oil with curry, turmeric, paprika, and balsamic vinegar, that I dip my Rudi Bread into (7 grain with flax)

and...nope...that's it, Just nuts, bread, and olive oil.
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Fiber One Mocha Chocolate bar with Peanut Butter

Boneless skinless chicken breast w/ steamed broccoli & sauteed squash

Romaine & mixed green salad w/ fresh diced veggies and lite rosemary balsalmic vinaigrette
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Bacon & Eggs with hashbrowns and toast drenched in butter
    A Baconator and the OLD wendys french fries
    Steak & Salad with mushrooms and onions.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    oops.

Double post
  • strongmich2013
    strongmich2013 Posts: 14 Member
    This is almost impossible... to narrow it down to three!!! BUT

Pizza - pepperoni & pineapple
    Pasta - any and all kinds
    Cereal - any and all kinds

Oh my god i soooooooooooo have a carb problem!!!
  • breakfast: biscuits and sausage gravy, scrambled eggs with cheese and green peppers

Lunch: grilled chicken ceasar salad and seafood stuffed mushrooms

Dinner: Shrimp Alfredo with bread sticks

and I'm throwing a dessert in there since it's my food fantasy: banana split with vivid vanilla icecream, hot fudge, whipped cream, nuts and a cherry to make it pretty
  • manvsfood
    manvsfood Posts: 175 Member
    lemon pepper wings and salty fries with ranch
    a whole brick oven white cheese pizza with spinach, jalapenos, and a drizzle of evoo
    medium well ribeye steak with a baked sweet potato, roasted corn, and some A-1 sauce

:smokin:
  • RahBuhBuh
    RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
    1. Spicy Crunchy Crab Rolls
    2. Argentine Beef
    3. Anything of the pastry variety
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    1. cocoa/PB&CO cinnamon raisin swirl protein oats
    2. grilled fish & mixed veggies (specifically pumpkin)
    3. choc/banana/PB&CO dark choc dreams ice cream (that I make)