P90X... starting a new thread...

1192021222325»

Replies

• RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    That's so awesome, Jess!!! I love that you two work out with each other. When I did Kenpo the other night, my hubby joined in, and we had a blast!!! He made me laugh so much, though, because he couldn't do all the combo's so he started making his own up and spastically throwing his arms around to make me smile... He's going to join in on workouts when he's on the same schedule as me!!!!

That's great! It is fun, he makes me laugh so hard during Ab ripper... I consider it a bonus ab workout (the laughing :laugh: ). And we always push each other to do one more rep, or push just a little harder. Tonight is Shoulders & Arms. Woohoo! :bigsmile:

Aww I'm so jealous! My bf mentioned last night that he was thinking about doing p90x, but that he was too lazy. He does do construction all day so I can't imagine having to do labor intensive work after the soreness of your first Plyo or something! :noway: :laugh:

But anyway, he said he probably wouldn't work out at the same time as me, because he'd want to be "better than me" first. :huh: :laugh: I don't see him getting up at 5am anyway. Plus we don't really have enough room or equipment for us both. The good thing is that he might build me a free standing pull up bar! :drinker:
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member

But anyway, he said he probably wouldn't work out at the same time as me, because he'd want to be "better than me" first. :huh: :laugh: I don't see him getting up at 5am anyway. Plus we don't really have enough room or equipment for us both. The good thing is that he might build me a free standing pull up bar! :drinker:

I work out with my husband = kind of - he's in 1 room, I'm in the other. Partially for the space issue, but mainly because we don't have 2 sets of weights or pull up bars. At least it helps having someone getting up at 5:15 with me.
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Shoulders & Arms + ARX today. I upped my weight and am already feeling it.

MissResa -- you look gorgeous!

Tracy24 -- I know you can do it! Just relax and breathe.

Make it a great day everyone! :smile:
    sandy thanks i will let you know if i make it :sad:

Tracy? You still there? Did you make it?
  • tracy24
    tracy24 Posts: 188
    Shoulders & Arms + ARX today. I upped my weight and am already feeling it.

MissResa -- you look gorgeous!

Tracy24 -- I know you can do it! Just relax and breathe.

Make it a great day everyone! :smile:
    sandy thanks i will let you know if i make it :sad:

Tracy? You still there? Did you make it?
    still got 15 minutes till im off work then home and starting as soon as i get home ive been saying in my head all day " yoga hour and a half you can do it ":laugh:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Aww I'm so jealous! My bf mentioned last night that he was thinking about doing p90x, but that he was too lazy. He does do construction all day so I can't imagine having to do labor intensive work after the soreness of your first Plyo or something! :noway: :laugh:

Try getting him to try out Chest & Back and Shoulders & Arms. That's what my hubby started with. He will not do yoga, plyo, or kenpo, but does the weighted workouts and ab ripper 3 times a week. It's worked awesome for him! And he just does one set of each pushup and pullup so the workouts are shorter. But he lifts HEAVY and goes for 8 reps, no more than 10. Woohoo on the pullup bar. My hubbby built me one in the garage when we first started, he just used pipe from Lowe's and drilled it in the garage ceiling. It worked great, but it gets COLD out there in the winter so now I love my P90X pullup bar inside. :laugh:
  • jessmomof3
    I've been feeling horrible since y'day and rested a bit this morning. (darn migraine :explode: ) But still planning on Shoulders & Arms w/ my hubby in an hour & a half. :wink: We'll see how that goes...
  • sandy429
    I've been feeling horrible since y'day and rested a bit this morning. (darn migraine :explode: ) But still planning on Shoulders & Arms w/ my hubby in an hour & a half. :wink: We'll see how that goes...

I'm sorry. You poor thing. You work hard; it may be time for a night off. If you must do something (like I probably would), just do the first round and call it a night.

I hope you feel better soon!
  • jessmomof3

I'm sorry. You poor thing. You work hard; it may be time for a night off. If you must do something (like I probably would), just do the first round and call it a night.

I hope you feel better soon!

That is hilarious because that is what I *just* emailed my hubby. One round and I'm finished!!! :laugh:
  • TheBull50
    TheBull50 Posts: 220
    I just want to say GREAT JOB to everyone. I am on week three and just being part of this topic is very very helpful. Everyone is amazing and thanks for all the helpful advise!
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Jess-I hope you feel better... Get some much-deserved rest, and snuggle bug on the couch with your hubby for a little while!!!

Sandy-You make me feel so good!!! My husband spoiled me and let me get a really good hair straightener, otherwise I'd look like a really scary version of Don King... I used to make small children cry.

I have volleyball tonight, and then Back & Biceps, ARX. Can't wait!!!
  • tracy24
    woo hoo i did it !!! i did the whole hour and half of YOGA!! u cant see me but im doing my happy dance!!! :happy: :happy: :laugh:
  • jessmomof3
    woo hoo i did it !!! i did the whole hour and half of YOGA!! u cant see me but im doing my happy dance!!! :happy: :happy: :laugh:

YAY! Good for you!! :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    Jess-I hope you feel better... Get some much-deserved rest, and snuggle bug on the couch with your hubby for a little while!!!

Sandy-You make me feel so good!!! My husband spoiled me and let me get a really good hair straightener, otherwise I'd look like a really scary version of Don King... I used to make small children cry.

Thanks, girl! I made it through one set of Shoulders & Arms and felt ok while working out. Still not feeling 100%, but better. :wink:

I'm crackin' up @ the scary version of Don King. I'm curly girl myself and have tried straightening but it's just WAY too much work for me. :noway: Have fun at V-ball tonight! :bigsmile:
  • sandy429

YAY for you!! How do you feel? :happy:
  • sandy429
    Thanks, girl! I made it through one set of Shoulders & Arms and felt ok while working out. Still not feeling 100%, but better. :wink:

Any chance you'll get to go to bed early tonight? Feel better soon!
  • sandy429

I'm in the market for a good straightener myself. I'm not exactly Don King, but it definitely ain't pretty! :tongue:
  • tracy24

YAY for you!! How do you feel? :happy:
    i feel great !!! thanks for the support!!!
  • jessmomof3
    Any chance you'll get to go to bed early tonight? Feel better soon!

I'm planning on it, right to bed after Lost. :laugh:
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Tracy-congrats on doing the whole yoga routine!!! :drinker: :drinker: Doesn't it feel like a huge accomplishment to reach the end?!
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    WooHoo!!!:drinker: P90X arrived in the mail today!!!! I'm SOOOOO excited to begin this program!! I've been following the P90X threads for about 6 weeks and am really inspired! I'm in week 3 of Jillian Michaels' Making the Cut. I'm already bored with the routines.:grumble: I plan to start next week- I'm a "finish-what-you-start" person!

I would like to get my dh in on this with me, but he doesn't have the hour that most of the routines take. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to modify the routines for 30 minute workouts?

Can't wait to join you all soon!!!!:bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.