Getting hit on by freaks

15678911»

Replies

• i knew i was missing out on something *sad times*
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Hmm it seems my post was changed a bit, but it was true. I live in a place where certain people from certain cultures and places tnat are not western, do not seem to understand that females do not want to be stared at, gawked at etc. There are two specific countries these people come from since come here to work- apparently naming them is not allowed.
  • ejohndrow
    I had a 40-year-old double amputee hit on me once. That was weird and just awkward.
    when I worked at Borders books there was a stroke victim who always came in. He had the wheelchair and always looked disheveled, it had obviously affected his motor skills and speech a lot. He always invited me to sit on his lap.
  • ejohndrow
    Jamaicans. I know I sound like a total a.s.s, but I'm sick and tired of the old Jamaicans who work here asking me to go over to their place and watch movies, and I'm sick and tired of them staring at me while I shop. Also, in general, it seems that only freaks (and not the good kind) like me. I'm a fan of giving everyone a chance, but more and more I've noticed that if someone is a loner and has few to no friends, well there is probably a good reason for it.

Introverted people tend to be your best soul mates and got their **** pulled together financially, why? Well they were alone the majority of their life so they focus on their career(instead wasting it away at parties) and fantasize about their perfect soul mate and how they would cherish that person once they have found them.

Would you settle for the gigolo or the more innocent type?

I am quite introverted and work focused myself- nothing wrong with this.
    Too bad all quiet people aren't like this. However, I still believe in giving people a fair shake.
    [/quote]
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Introverted people who have few friends aren't bad people. They just don't go out and socialize with a bunch of people and call them "friends".
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Introverted people who have few friends aren't bad people. They just don't go out and socialize with a bunch of people and call them "friends".

It's called quality vs quantity.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Also people associate introversion with shyness. I am not afraid to talk to people, I'll talk to anyone. I'd just rather not. Things like going on dates and meeting new people don't make me nervous in the slightest. But I have a small tight social circle and I like it that way.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Give a compliment (a nice one, not a creepy one) and try to make it funny somehow. A little backhanded compliment, when properly implimented, will go a long way. For example:

"Are you buying 2% milk because you think you're fat? Cuz you're not. You could totally buy whole milk if you wanted to."
    That is a seriously weird thing to say to a complete stranger.
  • auticus
    It's a Napolean Dynamite quote...
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    I rest my case.
  • auticus
    Depends on your outlook. If you are looking for someone who shares a love of that type of humour, it's brilliant. If they can't stand it, then you don't want to try with them anyway (and vice versa)
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    It's a Napolean Dynamite quote...

I knew that was familiar...lol..