Favorite Gift as a Kid

Replies

• WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    The My Little Pony Dream Castle...

sigh....
  • truelypinkthing
    truelypinkthing Posts: 164 Member
    Mary Make-up and Britains garden complete with Dutch Walls and a green house.
  • stacyjbaker1010
    stacyjbaker1010 Posts: 161 Member
    Cassie my Cabbage Patch Kid. I loved and her her beautiful, thick blonde hair with her ponytails. I got her when I was five; twenty eight years later, she sits on my bed in prestine shape.
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    The Mall Madness game!!
  • shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    I was given a boom box and a package of blank tapes so I could make my own mixed tapes. Only problem was the DJ would talk through the first part of the song and mess it all up!! LOL My dad was the best!
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Hahah I was always in trouble for chopping off my barbie doll's hair !!
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    My 2 favourites were the 3 story sindy house with roof top pool and outside lift

and a pair of blue suede roller boots with yellow wheels and stoppers and glitter laces...loved those boots

martyxx
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    My horse.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    My barbies dated the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles that my little brother played with OR I had a NKOTB doll of Jordan that my Courtney barbie always dated! Fake rat tail and all!

The TMNT were the bad guys that were always trying to destroy my friends barbie house lol I really didn't play barbies real well, I was more of a Tonka girl.. .I was always in the sandbox building dirt cities lol
  • lovejoydavid
    lovejoydavid Posts: 395 Member
    The Commodore 64. It was a defining moment in my life.

I got one of those! But not for Christmas. The original Nintendo has got to be my favorite. While the original PS had the best games of all time, the original Nintendo set the stage.
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Mine was the Barbie Townhouse with the elevator. (The novelty of the elevator soon wore off and it was easier just to place her on whatever floor you wanted.) :laugh:

and

The Mystery Date Game!! :drinker: Oooooh the razzing you would get from your buddies if your date was the nerd. :embarassed: :ohwell:

Yours?

my mom saved my mystery date game and my daughter and i used to play it together. she is 21 now so maybe someday we will play with it with her daughter!
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    my mrs beasley doll!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Fashion Plates! Anyone remember those?
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    I was really into astronomy, and when I was 14 or 15, my dad surprised me with a really great telescope. I still have it and use it. It was by far the best gift ever. My parents started giving us $ in December to shop for our own Christmas gifts, which she would then wrap, and we'd pretend to be surprised on Christmas, when we were pre-teens, so that surprise gift was really awesome. LOL
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    A puppy! My dad found a stray right before christmas and they wrapped up a bunch of dog toys and treats and surprised us with the cutest puppy Christmas morning. We named him Chris and he was the best dog ever!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Fashion Plates! Anyone remember those?

omg i knew there was a good reason we're friends!

I had so much fun with those. :heart:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    but to answer the question, for me, the BEST present ever was the *second* Cabbage Patch I got. My first one was OK, but she was a readhead and had a weird name: Floria. I didn't like her that much. BUT the next year I got a PREEMIE! Maggie. I thought she was THE best present OF ALL TIME.
  • jjjohnson31
    jjjohnson31 Posts: 108 Member
    The Millennium Falcon
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    GI Joe Talking Soldier. The world's first action figure. NOT A DOLL, dammit!
    HASBRO_GIJOE_TALKING_ACTION_SOLDIER_7590_BOX_INSERT_DOLL_HAT_UNIFORM_BOOTS_DOG_TAG.jpg
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    i absolutely loved my care bear- friend bear!!!