How much did you gain this Christmas???

Replies

• kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Zero. I dialed up to maintenance calories for Christmas week. And surprisingly, it worked. My goal was not to gain over the holidays.

Now back to losing.
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    I gained 1.4 lbs which i lost already and a little more.
  • I stepped on the scale this morning and was 251, which means I lost a few pounds over Christmas.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    10 lbs, but at least half of that is water.
  • momma_roo
    momma_roo Posts: 146 Member
    I took November and December off and gained 6 lbs, but in my defense I had my jaw wired shut for the month of October. I was starving that month so once I was unwired, it was on. lol. Luckily I only gained back what I lost while my jaw was wired.
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Lost 4.6 lbs in the past 9 days, since my last weigh-in. I don't get it... I ate a lot of food and chocolate and drank alcohol, for 3 or 4 days, during this period! Anyway, got to be happy with that, so I'm not complaining :p
  • Amanda0325
    Amanda0325 Posts: 245 Member
    did not weigh myself ... lol too scared... drinking water and exercising this week (hopefully if i knock this sinus infection)
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,493 Member
    Almost 6 ugh. But I dropped .8 already, hoping to have gained no more than 1 pound (that is not water weight).
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    I'm up about 3 pounds.. but I also strength trained yesterday, so that may be playing a part in it!

Water it is today!

do you gain weight after strength training?

Generally yes because you're muscles are holding on to water as they repair themselves.
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    "A pound," but I always weighed myself during the three days of the month when I'm usually 3-4 pounds heavier... so I'm thinking I actually lost? I'll know for sure in a week!
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    I actually lost a lb. Probably lost muscle because I ate a lot of crap.
  • I lived on a steady diet of chocolate and cookies. . .
    All that junk left me feeling so gross!
    My Daughter-in-law is taking all the blame and responsibility for my gaining 8 lbs. She completed a class learning how to bake wonderful cakes and cookies and sweets. How could I support her trying to reach her goals of becoming a chef without sacrificing my own goals for a few weeks? I am such a good MotherIL......8 lbs heavier, that was a lot of support..
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,493 Member
    I lived on a steady diet of chocolate and cookies. . .
    All that junk left me feeling so gross!
    My Daughter-in-law is taking all the blame and responsibility for my gaining 8 lbs. She completed a class learning how to bake wonderful cakes and cookies and sweets. How could I support her trying to reach her goals of becoming a chef without sacrificing my own goals for a few weeks? I am such a good MotherIL......8 lbs heavier, that was a lot of support..

Mother in law of the year!
  • not a pound :)
    i'm so happy,i still ate whatever i wanted to,but didin't gain
  • Echo17121
    Echo17121 Posts: 111 Member
    I weighed in today at the same weight I was on Christmas Eve! Whew! Now I just have to get through going out to dinner with my family to celebrate my bday tonight, out tomorrow night to celebrate with friends, and New Years and I will be able to breath again! Haha!
  • hello77kitty
    hello77kitty Posts: 260 Member
    Gained a pound. Today is official weigh in day so we shall see.
  • kardowling
    kardowling Posts: 221 Member
    Took my hands off the wheel...ate/drank too much. 3 lbs on top of my high weight. Yup back in the fat pants, that were too big. Self inflicted..I made the choice. Back on track to a healthier more fit me.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Nothing! I would have had to eat hell of a lot of calories to put on any weight, and even I can't do that!
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    I was up 3lbs after the weekend but I knew it wasnt a true gain just fluid gain! I am now actually .5 below that 3lbs now!
  • WalkingFlower
    WalkingFlower Posts: 41 Member
    lost 2 lbs since 23.12.