Any roadies/cyclists? Holla with your bike's name!

2»

Replies

• swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    I'm on my college's cycling team! My bike is an 87 puegot triathalon, and she's a beauty!!! I tend to think of her as old faithful... I mean seriously, she's older than me, and sails through over 150 miles a week of riding! Love her!!!

I'm on a cycling team too! I mainly do crits, but I think I'm going to do a couple of road races this year. We'll see! What races do you do?

They are kinda desperate for girl points, so pretty much everything :). I think I'm even getting roped into track! yay that's cool. So how do you deal with the intense calorie burn from long rides? There's no WAY I could come close to eating anything near my net calories when I'm training...
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    I'm on my college's cycling team! My bike is an 87 puegot triathalon, and she's a beauty!!! I tend to think of her as old faithful... I mean seriously, she's older than me, and sails through over 150 miles a week of riding! Love her!!!

I'm on a cycling team too! I mainly do crits, but I think I'm going to do a couple of road races this year. We'll see! What races do you do?

They are kinda desperate for girl points, so pretty much everything :). I think I'm even getting roped into track! yay that's cool. So how do you deal with the intense calorie burn from long rides? There's no WAY I could come close to eating anything near my net calories when I'm training...

I need the intense calorie burn, because I still have more weight to lose. But my coach said that to avoid bonking, you need 1-200 cals/hr on bike when you're doing a long training ride of like 3-5 hours. So, people that I ride with take whole grain fig newtons, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, bananas, GU gels, sports drinks.... things like that. And I have two water bottle cages to maintain hydration.
  • Jamiecfc1
    Jamiecfc1 Posts: 75 Member
    My bike's name is OSNA, as in Oh *kitten* Not Another... puncture/flat tyre/buckled wheel/etc etc. Still as the bloke in the shop said, you get what you paid for! Refreshing attitude I thought as I wheeled it out of the shop after being fixed for the nth time....

:sad:
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    My bike's name is OSNA, as in Oh *kitten* Not Another... puncture/flat tyre/buckled wheel/etc etc. Still as the bloke in the shop said, you get what you paid for! Refreshing attitude I thought as I wheeled it out of the shop after being fixed for the nth time....

:sad:

HAHA! That is an AWESOME name!
  • No names, but I have a 2006 Specialized Allez which I bought used a year and a half ago. My commuter is a 1986 Centurion that I bought new. Last year's goal was 100 miles a week but I broke my arm in a crash in June so I lost the summer. I will try again this year; probably about half on the road and half on my rollers.
  • eksb
    eksb Posts: 93
    My home-built touring bike with the Nashbar green frame is Oscar. He's a grouch but I love him.