How much do you spend on groceries?

2»

Replies

• molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    HOLY FREAKIN MOLY, I spend on average 315.00 a week, but usually end up buying bread, eggs, and milk halfway through the week as well....that's 1260. if it's a 4 week month or 1575. if it's a 5 week month...crapola, that's making me feel ill :noway: , mind you there's currently 13 kids and two adults, plus a dog and two cats!

I forgot to add that's on the off season, when we open up our B&B for full time use in the hot months, that cost nearly triples!
    13 kids??? and you are still sane :noway:

some days I actually wonder, we're foster parents. It seems no one wants to take in foster kids any longer, and it's hard to say no when a case worker calls you in the middle of the night with siblings barely old enough to attend school and they have no place to go. It's heartbreaking!
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    I spend $300 a month on groceries for two adults, 1 dog, and 2 cats.

We cook for almost every meal and the majority of our groceries are produce. My monthly food bill almost doubles in the winter when the farmer's markets are closed!
  • incorporeally
    incorporeally Posts: 27 Member
    I think the most that I have spent in a week is 31 euro, and that was really stocking up. It's usually around 15 or 20. Granted, I am shopping for just me and I am studying abroad so all of my money is going towards travel. I try to shop mainly at farmers' markets and Tesco, which I think saves me quite a bit. The "Reduced to Clear" section is currently my best friend.
  • CassieNic
    CassieNic Posts: 223
    I think its about 400. For DH, DS, me and just started DD on food, and a very big Rottweiler. Thats counting all the household stuff too. I just bought every thing we need for cloth diapers, so thats an extra 20/wk I dont have to spend now!
  • wwwtheselion11
    wwwtheselion11 Posts: 422 Member
    So i usually spend about 80$ an thats for meat s, fruit an vegetables. It all depends on how much food i actually need. I like to stack my freezer up with meat an fish. I love my fruits an vegetables
  • my_gatorgirl_8
    my_gatorgirl_8 Posts: 125 Member
    We spend 600.00 a month for just me & my husband, but that includes household things, & pet foods.