anyone else modifying?

2»

Replies

• zoronqueen
    zoronqueen Posts: 10 Member
    The only way I have modified is that I have more rest days in between.
    Week 1--core synergistic,cardio x, shoulder & arms/ab ripper, rest, yoga x, kenpo/legs and back,rest
    week 2--Core synergistic, rest, rest, cardio X so far.....

Also the first time I did complete P90x, 2 yrs ago I did 13 weeks in 14.5 as after week 9 I pittered out and had to put in more rest days.

Sometime during the week I will have to do kenpo/legs and back together again as I had a extra rest day......
  • TexasPatriot
    TexasPatriot Posts: 63 Member
    I noticed that I'm not alone in the "I hate the yoga DVD" category. My wife says that it's too advanced and dangerous for beginners so she told me to try something different. I totally recommend [if you have Netflix] searching for candlelight yoga. It's relaxing and does a lot of stretching and is definitely for beginners as well as advanced students. It's only 44 minutes but you can add something after if you want to.
  • droszina
    droszina Posts: 3 Member
    Due to my job, I have to look at the whole week of workouts and organize the workouts to fit my schedule. I also sub. a 7 mile run for the cardio workout. Some days I use the boxing part of the Kenpo as a warmup before doing the workout for that day. For all of you that hate the yoga, it does a body good. It is long but when your done you feel so good.
  • islandgirl1767
    islandgirl1767 Posts: 16 Member
    I will be running on cardio days and doing Pilates on the Yoga days. Oh! and add me to the "I haet the Yoga DVD", lol!
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Subbing zumba for yoga - they're nothing alike, but I love my zumba and can't live without it. The yoga I can live without. Especially 90 minutes of it. I'll do it on the recovery week.
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 913 Member
    I have terrible knees, so I modify the legs/back dvd. I do the full core syn dvd and then add the pull-ups, calf raises, and wall sits on to the end so I don't miss out on those! It's not worth destroying my knees...