40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,921 Member
    Wow, monkeefan!! You do the running in bare feet??

I have not conquered my evening food cravings. Sigh. I need to figure out a "cure" and I really need to stop farting around about this. Sigh.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Read this in the refeed and diet breaks thread. Some realtalk about motivation. hat tip to @anubis609

From the Physiqonomics Facebook page:

TRYING TO CHANGE YOUR BODY AND HEALTH? HERE ARE SOME THINGS YOU NEED TO HEAR.

1. You don't need more motivation, you need more ACTION.

2. Your body may not be your fault but it damn well is your responsibility.

3. Fat loss takes time because changing your (bad) habits takes time. You need to be patient and commit to this for the long run. (Years not weeks.)

4. Your body doesn't care about your goals. So it doesn't matter that you 'tracked macros and trained 4x per week every day for the last month'–Your body will change when it wants, not when you want.

5. LEARN TO SAY NO. Perhaps the #1 stupidest reason people *kitten* up on their diet (and fitness goals) is the inability to say no.

– 'Hey, want another drink?' Oh, go on then

– 'Hey, want some more *insert delicious, high-calorie, food here*?'

Yeah, ok. Next time, try saying no and see what happens. It'll show you that you're not a helpless victim to your desires and that you have the ability and CHOICE to say NO to things.

6. The body you want in the future is the sum of all the small actions you choose to do *every day*.

Eating better today doesn't seem like a lot, TODAY.

Training when you don't want to doesn't seem like it's paying off, TODAY.

But you do both of those CONSISTENTLY for 3, 6, 12 months? And you're an entirely new person. Like, literally a new person. Body and mind.

*kitten*'s going to happen - it happens to everyone. But don't let that prevent you from DOING SOMETHING.

Can't make it to the gym? Go for a walk. Even if it's only 15 minutes.

Had a bad day of eating? Get in your serving of fruit and veg for that day. You get the idea.

DO something every day that takes you closer to your goal.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Beeps, this is our first trip to Italy. Our three adult children (29, 26, 24) are going with us, as well as their cousins and aunts/uncles, so it should be a great time. We're starting in Milan, then to Lake Como (w/side trip to Switzerland) and finally Venice.

Regarding evening cravings, have you ever tried casein based protein powder as a snack? It releases slowly and is fairly satisfying. I sometimes mix chocolate flavored casein with almond milk and some PB powder as a snack.

Great picture, Monkeefan. Looks like you're in a fitness commercial!

I'm halfway through another high volume training week, so I'm really looking forward to reduced training while we are away. But once we return, the party is over. After one day to unpack, I'm heading up to Canada for a training camp weekend to ride the IM bike course and test the swim course at Mont Tremblant. It's getting real, now!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "Insanity Max: 30 Max Out Strength"=Done! that low hold at the end is...er, "something"...
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    "Insanity Max: 30 Max Out Cardio"=Done! 1st day of month 2! felt like starting over...LOL! still some soreness from Saturday's BONEFROG! I made it to the end...but JUST!

I did kick my sprained finger a few times during the warm up. Those 1-2-3 soccer kicks. There may have been some expletives.

I was supposed to do some sprint and agility work today, but I got rained out. I think I'll hit one of these Max 30s or regular Insanity as a substitute.
  • gam3rguy
    "Insanity Max: 30 Friday Fight: Round 2”=DONE!
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Found this old pic from when I lost weight and got rid of my big clothes. (these weren’t even my biggest pants!)
    I went from a women’s US size 18-going-on-20 to a size 10! I love shopping for clothes now! :)

7svcpl4t4ica.jpeg
  • gam3rguy
    Savage=Done! Was wet and raining and re-mangled that sprained finger again. Not my “best performance”, but I DID beat the obstacle that I got the original injury on. The “Holy Sheet”. Was determined to beat that one and did!

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,921 Member
    That is SpEcTaCuLaR!!
  • gam3rguy
    "Insanity Max: 30 Pulse"=Done! oddly, MAX30 doesn't bother the sprained finger...much. I DID kick it a few times on those soccer kick things...and "speed hit the floors" can be a challenge. sometimes I jam the bad finger. other than those two moves...no issues.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    kimber0607 wrote: »

Makes me feel like i need a more concrete plan..LOL
    turned 45 on 6/9

I try to work out every day for an hour....
    Mostly focus on weights/strength training..crunches..push ups etc (at home w equipment)
    as far as cardio, I try to go for a walk or bike with the kids for at least 30min a day...doesn't count errands, shopping ....try to park far away when i go shopping to get in as many steps as possible

Posting the week's workout schedule for accountability.

Monday - lifting AM (squat day) - yoga PM
    Tuesday - circuit training - AM
    Wednesday - lifting AM (deadlift day)
    Thursday - circuit training - AM - yoga PM
    Friday - lifting AM (bench day)
    Saturday - cardio - 60 minutes minimum hiking/walking
    Sunday - rest day

Done. Made every workout except the Thursday yoga class - went wade fishing instead, so still got some exercise.

Do it again this week.

Monday - lifting AM (squat day) - yoga PM
    Tuesday - circuit training - AM
    Wednesday - lifting AM (deadlift day)
    Thursday - circuit training - AM - yoga PM
    Friday - lifting AM (bench day)
    Saturday - cardio - 60 minutes minimum hiking/walking
    Sunday - rest day
  • blueunicorn125
    blueunicorn125 Posts: 411 Member
    Staring this weight loss thing again, I need friends to help me be accountable. Please add me!
  • gam3rguy
    "Insanity Max: 30 Max Out Cardio & Ab Attack: 10"=Done!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    It's Bold Week for CG, which is just a fancy way of saying the camp schedule is abbreviated so the trainers can get training and campers can get in a recovery week. My week ahead:

Monday- Insanity Max Cardio Conditioning
    Tuesday- CG Games Strength and Endurance events practice
    Wednesday- 5-mile run
    Thursday- CG Games Agility and Interval events practice, and hopefully a little climbing
    Friday- 3-mile run with hill sprints
    Saturday- CG Games Peak event practice
    Sunday- CG Games practice, all 5 events in one day

CG Games is coming up on July 14th and 21st. Praying for no injuries!
  • gam3rguy
    "Insanity Max: 30 Max Out Power"=Done!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Spent the weekend cleaning out my flower beds and cleaning up the yard. It's late to be doing that, but it was the first weekend I actually had time to get it done! Things are looking a whole lot better even if I do live in the woods.

I had been doing so well maintaining my weight loss, even while on vacation and enjoying wine every day, but gained 6lbs since I've been home! :angry: Stopping the gain train right now!