40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 2 Power Legs"=Done!
    I swapped out the stupid band for ankle weights. I also used a sandbag instead of a dumbbell.
  • gam3rguy
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 2 Back & 6 Pack"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Vertical Plyo"=Done!
  • wdedoelder
    wdedoelder Posts: 59 Member
    Just started back up again after gaining most of my weight loss back. In menopause now and gaining weight from just looking at food lately :(

40 Minutes walking 3 MPH at 10% incline.
    16 minutes Ab work
  • suzy45que
    suzy45que Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, I'm brand new so forgive me. I forgot how much I enjoyed chat rooms.Im now starting to get back to eating right and exercising.But I'm 59, arthritic, almost recovered from an accident and next week I'm havingcataract surgery so cant exercise fir a couple weeks,I think ,so I'm joined trying to rev myself back up.
  • suzy45que
    suzy45que Posts: 2 Member
    Am I the oldest soul here? I used to belong to gyms up until about 8 years. I can join one again after my surgery and recovery. I desperately want to drop the 65 plus pounds gained since I cold Turkey quit smoking 7 years ago.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    edited August 2018
    suzy45que wrote: »
    Am I the oldest soul here? I used to belong to gyms up until about 8 years. I can join one again after my surgery and recovery. I desperately want to drop the 65 plus pounds gained since I cold Turkey quit smoking 7 years ago.

Suzy - you are not the oldest soul here. Not even close. :D

Congratulations on quitting smoking. Lots of good folks here who will encourage and support you as you work on the weight loss.

I will send you a friend request. Add me and I'll be the first to help you.

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member

Probably not the oldest but yes I'm younger than you. As a 40+ group, a lot of people are going to be nearer 40 than 50 or 60. I'm 40 plus 12, so technically still 40+. :)

All the best to you on your weight loss journey. You can do it.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Hey Kids,

@suzy45que - Welcome, and NO, you're not even close to being the oldest here, lol.

Finally a short break from the humidity in the Northeast US today. That means I'm out of excuses for not cutting my grass:)

Looking forward to tonight's open water group swim, our last one before next week's race.

• gam3rguy
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 2 Off Day Stretch"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Speed & Agility & Vol 2 Ab Shredder"=Done!
    go through it again he says...ON BOTH OF THESE! LOL! NOPE! I'm toast!
  • gam3rguy
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Relief"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Upper Elite"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 2 Power Legs"=Done!
    followed with some sandbag drills!
  • bonnevilleblb
    bonnevilleblb Posts: 4 Member

I'm close - 56 - but I have always enjoyed running, basketball (played in high school - 1978 AAA SC State Champs!) and tennis. My niece and nephews told me about the My Fitness Pal app because they all have done well with it (one nephew lost 40 pounds!). I've dropped 15 pounds in a couple of months and have really enjoyed it. I'm just glad Jesus gives me the strength to be more disciplined!

Barry

Jeremiah 29:11-13 / John 3:16
  • gam3rguy
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 2 Back & 6 Pack"=Done!
    That last round of pull ups!!!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Glad to see everyone is still working out! I've kept up with cardio kickboxing 4-5 times a week, kettlebell once a week when its on. I've been mostly sticking to 25lb barbells in the resistance portion of class, kind of pulled my back a few weeks ago doing one armed burpee snatches. Should have been better by now but since I hate going backwards I didn't really lessen my weights until the last two weeks.

I've been sticking at 135lb which is my goal. I think stopping my daily tim's mocha was the help I needed.

However as we're off camping next week this week is crazy at work with real estate so I have been indulging in my mocha!

We're camping at Letchworth State Park next week so hopefully there are no issues at the border and the weather is good! Hoping to get some good hikes in.

• gam3rguy
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Vertical Plyo"=Done!