40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "P90X ONE on ONE Vol. 1 30-15: The Upper-Body Massacre" & "LIIFT4: Stretch/Roll & Recover"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X2: X2 Recovery + Mobility"=Done!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Had a wonderful surprise visit from #2 son and granddaughter. They came up to spend the day hunting. After a quick lunch and visit, I went out for them and did a lovely 2 hour walk on the old rail bed. 1 bird only, but he was a challenge! lol.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "LIIFT4: Week 6 Day 1: Chest/Triceps – Circuit"=Done!
  • Carrrasco
    Carrrasco Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I would like to join also
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    So, after starting to pay attention to my steps tracked on my phone a number of weeks ago, I had a rude awakening that what I knew to be bad - was actually REALLY bad. I was a sloth!

I started trying to find ways to add steps to my days - my first move was to start getting off one train stop early, and return to that one in the evening. That went well for a few weeks, and was nearly doubling my daily steps, BUT, I was still firmly planted in the "sedentary" category (not counting workouts in this). I wanted to make it part of my routine to at least get in the lightly active category.

So, a little over a week ago, I started walking from my house to the train station rather than taking my scooter. I continued with the one-stop-early get off, too.

Those two things have firmly planted me in the lightly active category, going from around 1500 steps a day to around 6500-7000/day. Used the time change to my advantage this week to get back into my winter gym routine while keeping up the new walking routines.
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I ran my first half yesterday almost a year to the day since my last. It was almost a half hour slower but I am motivated to start training harder. Next race - March!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "LIIFT4: Week 6 Day 2: Back/Biceps – LIIFT 50/50"=Done! was super rough today. GD neighbors were blasting their GD stereo 'till 2:40 this morning. :s
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Focus T25: Gamma Speed 3.0 & Core Speed"=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,927 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    Had a wonderful surprise visit from #2 son and granddaughter. They came up to spend the day hunting. After a quick lunch and visit, I went out for them and did a lovely 2 hour walk on the old rail bed. 1 bird only, but he was a challenge! lol.

Nice!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Tough workout today....I lifted heavy. And then went into a 1-hour cardio class. So, I am SPENT.

I am not working out Friday, so I specifically pushed myself.

Friday I get a 2-day holiday. I get to see old friends. I get to go to a rock concert on Saturday night. I get to spend 2 nights in a hotel with my husband.

I AM SUPER EXCITED!!!
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    So, after starting to pay attention to my steps tracked on my phone a number of weeks ago, I had a rude awakening that what I knew to be bad - was actually REALLY bad. I was a sloth!

I started trying to find ways to add steps to my days - my first move was to start getting off one train stop early, and return to that one in the evening. That went well for a few weeks, and was nearly doubling my daily steps, BUT, I was still firmly planted in the "sedentary" category (not counting workouts in this). I wanted to make it part of my routine to at least get in the lightly active category.

So, a little over a week ago, I started walking from my house to the train station rather than taking my scooter. I continued with the one-stop-early get off, too.

Those two things have firmly planted me in the lightly active category, going from around 1500 steps a day to around 6500-7000/day. Used the time change to my advantage this week to get back into my winter gym routine while keeping up the new walking routines.

Awesome! always good to find ways to increase your steps.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "LIIFT4: Week 6 Day 3: Shoulders – LIIFT Intervals"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "LIIFT4: Week 6 Day 4: Legs – HIIT"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X ONE on ONE Vol. 1 Recovery 4 Results" & "LIIFT4: Roll & Recover/Stretch"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    “Rest”...um, not really. Banged out 85 floors on the stair climber, then beat the hell out of the heavy bag for a bit. Later in the afternoon I helped my brother move.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "LIIFT4: Week 7 Day 1: Chest/Back – Circuit"=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I am SO SLEEPY today. ugh.

I did work out....got my lifting in, although basically only 2 sets and not 3. And, I did my cardio, too. I think I am going to go lay down.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "LIIFT4: Week 7 Day 2: Legs – LIIFT 50/50"=Done!