40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Relief"=Done!
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    Week 5 of "The Bridge" lifting program. I am 15 pounds away from my end of the year bench press goal.
  • gam3rguy
    "LIIFT4: Week 7 Day 3: Shoulders/Arms – Circuit"=Done!
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    I'm finally 40 and it feels good.
    My mortality is weighing on me. I need to get stuff done! There is much I want to do and accomplish.

I want to worry less. sigh
    I'm happy to be here finally!
    Whats going on?
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Well I will hopefully be back working out 5-6 times next week. I went Monday and Wednesday and will go tomorrow and do kettlebell and kick boxing on Saturday. Need to ramp up the workouts and scale back the sweets! Between Thanksgiving, Halloween, potluck lunches, dinners out, bake sales and my birthday I have been eatng too much!
  • gam3rguy
    "LIIFT4: Week 7 Day 4: Full Body HIIT"=Done! that was NO joke!! 1 week left!
  • DeniseWilson43
    DeniseWilson43 Posts: 87 Member
    Hello
    I am 44 y/o mom to 11 y/o an 12 y/0, Wife, LPN work full time.

My sanity is Running... Denise
  • gam3rguy
    ...little different today. I did a T25 Speed countdown.
    "Focus T25: Speed 3.0, 2.0, 1.0"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "P90X2: X2 Recovery + Mobility" & "LIIFT4: Stretch/Roll & Recover"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "LIIFT4: Week 8 Day 1: Chest/Back – Circuit"=Done!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    Started adding in a lunch/break time walk (I don't really eat lunch other than a bar or some other "snack" protein) so with my other walking I've added in, I'm now getting over 10K/steps a day not counting any gym workouts (I mostly do strength training right now anyways).

BF noticed I was losing some weight (we hadn't seen each other in nearly a month) so that was nice to hear!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,922 Member
    That is a great idea, HoneyB.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,922 Member
    I am choosing a mini-challenge from now until the end of 2018....trying to stick EXACTLY to my calories.

I did get my lifting done, today. And also cardio. So, today is day 1 and I am ON-TRACK! BOOM!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    No exercise other than walking yesterday, but totally stuck to calorie goal - yay me!
  • gam3rguy
    "LIIFT4: Week 8 Day 2: Legs – LIIFT 50/50"=Done!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Hi all! :)

Back from my vacation. Was in your old stomping grounds @Beeps2011. Spent a week with my sisters. We chose November, because the plan was to go see Fleetwood Mac in concert, only to learn the concert was cancelled an hour before start time!! :disappointed: Apparently someone was sick, which did not surprise me. Their concert schedule is insane for a bunch of old rockers! So, may have to try again in April, only this time, it will be in TO.
    The week was good - nice to visit, but very little (actually nil) exercise. Ugh. My one sister that lives in Edmonton is my polar opposite. No exercise, and likes to eat out all the time.So, lots of driving, visiting and eating out.
    Trying to get back into my exercise routine. Got my Monday class in. Missed yesterday as I had B&B guests.

Back on the road for work Monday. Ugh! All this travel this year is not cool.
  • gam3rguy
    "P90X2: X2 Recovery + Mobility"=Done!
  • CDiddyGetsFitty
    CDiddyGetsFitty Posts: 35 Member
    Wait...I'm cool? YAASSSSS. :)
  • gam3rguy
    "LIIFT4: Week 8 Day 3: Shoulders/Arms – Circuit"=Done! one day left!!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Got my workouts in yesterday and I can feel it today. 45 min of cardio blast followed by 30 min of pump. :)