40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• mojavemtbr
    mojavemtbr Posts: 65 Member
    One hour hilly mountain bike interval ride on rocky jeep track Saturday. Temp was 100 degrees.
    Sure gets the heart rate up and the sweat flowing👍
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    I saw my father and my youngest son for Father's Day yesterday, that was nice.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "Focus T25: Alpha Ab Intervals & Beta Speed 2.0"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "LIIFT4 Week 2 Day 4: Legs – HIIT"=Done!
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    42 (I am life, the universe and everything) and I did my morning BodyPump class even though I'm still recovering from a cold and feeling rubbish.

I'm also feeling that I may regret this decision.
  • chunkyjeff
    chunkyjeff Posts: 68 Member
    I'm 47 and after a few years away I am starting again at changing my life to a healthier , lighter and fitter one for my daughter , who at only 5 needs her daddy around for a long time yet .
    Wanted to say Hi and let any one know they can add me as a friend !!
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Agree. I'm 57 and all my friends, some even 20 years younger than me, don't do anything physical, drink beer and watch tv is all they do. I may not be in the best shape in the world, but I am trying, I stay very active skating, going to the gym, hiking. My wife is just like most, she has no interest in doing anything physical, granted she has a lot of health problems, but I think getting up and moving would certainly help her.
  • mojavemtbr
    mojavemtbr Posts: 65 Member
    mcemino2 wrote: »
    Agree. I'm 57 and all my friends, some even 20 years younger than me, don't do anything physical, drink beer and watch tv is all they do. I may not be in the best shape in the world, but I am trying, I stay very active skating, going to the gym, hiking. My wife is just like most, she has no interest in doing anything physical, granted she has a lot of health problems, but I think getting up and moving would certainly help her.

Im very similar to you. Also 57 and trying(and succeeding😁) little by little to get in great shape. I mountain bike, do strength training, hike, and walk a couple times weekly with my wife.
    I see so many people in their late 50's and early 60's that are such trainwrecks physically and they keep going further downhill. Many times it seems they just dont care to put in any effort to help themselves.
    I want to go in the opposite direction and continue to get better. Being a fit Senior is wayyyyy better than the alternative.
  • gam3rguy
    "Focus T25: Alpha Lower Focus"=Done!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Glutes done last night!!! With a little help from my friend Jameson...though to be fair it was the terribly stressful day at work that made me want to cuddle up with a friend more so than the workout, the workout actually helped.

I was getting all experimental in the kitchen...boneless skinless chicken breast marinated in chardonnay with sage and garlic, then grilled with hickory smoke...just for the record, it was amazing!!!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    I will reach 65 in a couple of weeks. It was great reading all your posts today. It's good to know that I'm not the only seasoned citizen who is trying to improve their health and quality of life. Y'all are very inspirational!
  • gam3rguy
    Legs & Shoulders @ the gym. Doc said I can do overhead press, as long as I’m not picking anything up off the floor...so I machined it today. No stress on my injury!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,921 Member
    Good job, gam3rguy. Welcome back to the exercise-grind.

I lifted yesterday. First time in a week, so I am sore today! Today I am working on my 10,000 steps a day.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Beeps2011 wrote: »

I lifted yesterday. First time in a week, so I am sore today! Today I am working on my 10,000 steps a day.

Trainer changed up the workout Thursday. Lots of deadlifts and rollouts. Did a 4 mile walk yesterday, but I'm still a bit sore today. The good kind of sore! :D

• gam3rguy
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    Good job, gam3rguy. Welcome back to the exercise-grind.

thanks. doc said not to stop, just don't stress the bicep. surgery is tomorrow to repair the bicep tendon...then 3 weeks of recliner surfing. :#

"Focus T25: Alpha Speed 1.0 & PiYo: Strong Legs"=Done!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I didn't do any formal workouts over the weekend...but I did help someone move...5 hours on Friday, and about 6 on Sunday...I have a desk job, I do not normally do manual labor...I was still bouncing up the stairs at the end of the moving while, sadly, watching the folks half my age huffing and puffing to just walk up the stairs...I had no issues carrying and hauling and bending and packing...while many of the younger folks required long breaks after carrying a box down the stairs and to the trucks...really, it was eye opening, if a bit sad, and it made me feel really good about where I am in life!!!
  • gam3rguy
    edited June 2019
    Surgery is done. My mom won’t take me home. Lol! Says I gotta stay here at least tonight. Getting fed!! And I just say Milano cookies. She just went to fill my scrip and get my dog. She’s bringing my Switch back too. May or may not play tonight.

• ginjennie
    ginjennie Posts: 80 Member
    Switched from runkeeper to Nike run club this past week. So far really good and this morning I achieved my fasted 1k run.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,921 Member
    I am glad your surgery is over, gam3rguy. Recovery is the right side of "surgery" to be on. :)

I am a cardio queen this week....did a cardio class on Monday, walked 6.5 km yesterday and did an advanced step-cardio class, today.

Now, I really do need to hit the weights because I am trying to lose FAT this summer and I don't want to be reducing my precious muscles!