40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    weights yesterday, elliptical and yoga today - an awesome weekend comes to a close
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "Body Beast Build: Shoulders"=Done!
    first day of bicep rehab/rebuild. every other day for 6 weeks! sore already!
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Build: Chest/Tris"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Happy Hump Day kids. Gam3rguy, hope PT continues to go smoothly. My program today was back squats, speed squats, reverse lunges, the sled (my favorite) and glute ham raises. The dogs and I are now headed for the woods.

Have a great day kids.
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Build: Legs...with sandbags & vest"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Happy Hump Day kids. Gam3rguy, hope PT continues to go smoothly. My program today was back squats, speed squats, reverse lunges, the sled (my favorite) and glute ham raises. The dogs and I are now headed for the woods.

Have a great day kids.
    Sunday will end the first week. feels pretty good so far. sore, but good. I'm slowly increasing my calories to rebuild that arm (hence why I started logging again...and yes ice cream, LOL!). still at a deficit but will increase until doc clears me for no restrictions...then go into surplus and heavier training for the winter. belly fat may happen, but I don't expect much. I lost it before, so no worries. :p

• gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Build: Back/Bis"=Done!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Normally I like to workout 5 days / week and rest 2. Lately I have been working out 2 days / week and doing F-ALL the other 5! Really need to get back on track. Not cool.
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Hey cool kids - can I jump in? Started tracking again yesterday.
    I had lost 20 pounds two years ago with CICO and then stopped doing what worked and gained it back plus some.
    Now I'm looking to lose about 30 pounds by my birthday in April (turning 47. when did that happen???)
    I'm sitting at 207 right now at 5'7", which is only a few pounds off from my 9 months pregnancy weight.
    At least I didn't lose my gym obsession. I'm there 3-6 times a week. I'd go every day if I had the time. It's my stress reliever and my sanctuary!!

• sdudley08
    sdudley08 Posts: 32 Member
    Hey cool kids, please bear with me as I'm learning this group. It looks like exercise is a thing, which is great because like Jayemes, workout time is my way of relieving stress and it's my sanctuary, too!

I haven't done anything today or yesterday, I have a cold. Maybe tonight if the fog lifts, so to speak. But tomorrow it's Tabata.

Wednesday I practiced (dancing, my love!) for just 30 minutes - I knew I wasn't feeling so good.
    Tuesday is usually HIIT class, and last Tuesday was no exception. I love that class.

So today I might just walk because I'm still under the weather.

I'm trying to adjust my outlook on food and my diet to looking forward to eating more vegetables and having more of a low carb diet - my gut is always happier when I go that route. So weight loss will probably follow. It's just hard because I've had a sweet tooth forever. I just gave up chocolate - it was like a small death. But I'm trying to focus on what I can eat and enjoy, and hope that these changes can heal me, or just get used to the new normal.
  • skymediaonline7
    skymediaonline7 Posts: 1 Member
    yes
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Yoga this morning and then spent and hour weeding. Now it's time to shower and try to get this dirt out from under my nails. Not gonna go well.....
  • gam3rguy
    “FOCUS T25: Core Speed”=Done...with the vest!!!
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Build: Shoulders"=Done!
  • rodneybrookshire
    rodneybrookshire Posts: 17 Member
    Anyone here in Mesa,Chandler or Maricopa Az that is looking for a workout partner?
  • gam3rguy
    So, first trail trot since wrecking my arm.
    “Ran” it with the Brute Force Vest!
    Slow...but got it done!
  • gam3rguy
    Rest=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Happy Monday kids, hope all of you had a great weekend.

Gam3rguy, You know you rock in my book. Awesome job on the trail. You'll be good as new in no time. Can't wait to see what you will be up to next. Kiss the princess for me.

Yesterday, my coach decided to have me try lower back squats and that did the trick with me going lower in depth. I was excited for that progress. Apparently this is the squat that powerlifters use in competition. The flip side to the lower back squat is the over usage of the shoulder resulting in tenderness. I did not feel shoulder pain, I actually felt wrist pain which I will tape my wrist.

Today's workout was deadlifts, slamballs, overhead press, and HLR's.

My NSV was buying jeans and a top from the junior section at TJ MAXX.

Welcome newbies.

Have a great day ahead.
  • bozzasean
    bozzasean Posts: 59 Member
    Ooh can I be in your club. Sounds fun
  • Eric_smeric
    Eric_smeric Posts: 40 Member
    I saw cool kids and had to check it out.