Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• sdereskisdereski Posts: 3,383Member Member Posts: 3,383Member Member
    Hi all - not doing too much. Went blueberry picking on Sunday and a nice 5.5k walk yesterday.
  • pez37pez37 Posts: 44Member Member Posts: 44Member Member
    I'm David 48 started back on Mfp 2mo ago. Its been hard staying motivated . Once I turned 45 my weight really got out of control.
    Always looking for friends to help motivate each other. Feel free and add. Good luck on y'all journeys.
  • gam3rguygam3rguy Posts: 2,850Member Member Posts: 2,850Member Member
    "Body Beast Build: Legs...with sandbags & vest"=Done!
  • tcunbelievertcunbeliever Posts: 6,950Member Member Posts: 6,950Member Member
    Last night I accomplished watching the first 5 episodes of The Last Ship Season 2...and drinking some whiskey!!!

It wasn't a workout, but it was pretty awesome anyway!
  • HoneyBadger155HoneyBadger155 Posts: 1,207Member Member Posts: 1,207Member Member
    Workouts going well, added another 5 min to yesterday's "intense" cardio session (I do some "cardio" all 5 days, but 2x/week I increase the time and intensity - only twice a week though because I pretty much hate all cardio LOL), then did my weight lifting splits both days.

May need to invest in a gym membership in a couple/few more months though - the dumbbells at our fitness center are pretty limiting since they only go up to 50 lb (x2). Which kind of bums me out because I LOVE the convenience of not having to drive to the gym every day! Fitness center at work pretty much has the same problem :(
  • MoxyLeighMoxyLeigh Posts: 57Member Member Posts: 57Member Member
    @nossmf That's awesome man, you're an inspiration. :)

I'm ten whole days into my lifestyle change, consistently coming in under my calorie goal (1400), and getting in my 3000 steps a day (as another poster kindly remarked, gotta start somewhere. Lol). I'm adding reps of 10 modified push-ups, 10 squats, and 20-30sec planks as I'm able.

Comforting to see I'm not the only one just starting or just starting over.
  • mcemino2mcemino2 Posts: 209Member, Premium Member Posts: 209Member, Premium Member
    Last night I accomplished watching the first 5 episodes of The Last Ship Season 2...and drinking some whiskey!!!

It wasn't a workout, but it was pretty awesome anyway!

Great show, thought it should have gone on another season or two.
  • jayemesjayemes Posts: 772Member Member Posts: 772Member Member
    60 minute strength class last night. Along with a bunch of loaded squats and core work I benched 35lb dumbells 10x8. Last year I could only do it with 20's so I'm happy about the improvement.
    I also think I broke my toe yesterday afternoon, so that's gonna put a big X on my normally planned workouts for the next few weeks. Gotta keep those calories in check!
    "Body Beast Build: Back/Bis"=Done!
    Last night I didn't have enough time to lift ALL the weights because I had to taxi the ballerina...but I did get in a solid 30 reps of each, and something is better than nothing!!!
  • photobug317photobug317 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Hey all! Stumbled across this group while in search for support. I just turned 40 in March, I did keto last year and lost a bunch of weight. I have put about 20lbs back on, and I am getting discouraged. Any ideas on how to limit carbs, while not going crazy
  • jayemesjayemes Posts: 772Member Member Posts: 772Member Member
    Hey all! Stumbled across this group while in search for support. I just turned 40 in March, I did keto last year and lost a bunch of weight. I have put about 20lbs back on, and I am getting discouraged. Any ideas on how to limit carbs, while not going crazy

I can't help you since I need carbs in my life, but I saw this thread today that has links to keto/low carb groups here on MFP.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/44053847#Comment_44053847

You could also search pinterest for keto recipes to find recipes/meal plans you like
  • 11Templars11Templars Posts: 338Member Member Posts: 338Member Member
    jayemes wrote: »

I can't help you since I need carbs in my life, but I saw this thread today that has links to keto/low carb groups here on MFP.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/44053847#Comment_44053847

You could also search pinterest for keto recipes to find recipes/meal plans you like

I've had quite a bit of success with Carb Cycling. https://healthline.com/nutrition/carb-cycling-101

Right now I am doing Low Carb (under 40gm / Day) for two weeks, then Low Cal for two weeks, then back to the Low Carb. For me it works, and isn't as monotonous.
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019 Posts: 935Member Member Posts: 935Member Member
    Hi.🙇‍♀️
    edited August 15
    “Focus T25 Lower Focus with the vest & INSANITY THE ASYLUM: Relief”=Done!
  • BexB42BexB42 Posts: 19Member, Premium Member Posts: 19Member, Premium Member
    I definitely want in this club. However, my days are varied due to work so reporting in may take longer. I turn 47 this fall, and am healthier than I was in my 20's, although I am heavier. (Working on it!) I have lost 32 of the 80 pounds I want to shed, struggle with emotional eating and getting enough nutrients into my meals. I am cutting down on dairy, love to kickbox and walk/hike, and want to run by my birthday in November. I started C25K but realized bad running shoes at this age is a real thing! So I walk, because some movement is better than none! Hi everyone! ^v^
    I love walking and have no plans to take up running, so HI!!!