40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    Making my morning workouts happen this week even though I don't really "want" to - just a bit tired and mostly just stress, and I know skipping won't do me any favors, so making myself get up and get them in. Goals won't be attained by giving in when I'm feeling meh!

On another note, got a few cool shots from this past weekend's races, where I had some great progress and was very happy overall with the weekend - this one is my favorite :)
    v3e1ztybk3b9.jpg
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Happy hump day kids. Welcome all newbies. My shoulders needed icing after so much benching (pause, speed and non-pause). I am obsessed with the hex bar now, especially since you really have to drive from your legs. I have a goal to actually wear girly shorts as opposed to my usual basketball shorts. Honeybadger, you know how to rub it in (lol). Nice photos. Have a great day everyone.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Happy hump day kids. Welcome all newbies. My shoulders needed icing after so much benching (pause, speed and non-pause). I am obsessed with the hex bar now, especially since you really have to drive from your legs. I have a goal to actually wear girly shorts as opposed to my usual basketball shorts. Honeybadger, you know how to rub it in (lol). Nice photos. Have a great day everyone.

Likewise on the hex bar. I have not done a regular deadlift since buying a hex bar. And my shins like it, too. HAHA!

@HoneyBadger155 - Love the photos. Makes me miss my RD400.

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "LIIFT4 Week 1 Day 4: Legs – LIIFT 50/50"...with the weighted vest=DONE!! Triple Bears with the vest is NO JOKE!
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Strength class last night. Haven't deadlifted for awhile and we were doing volume - 12 down to 1 alternating with rollouts 1 up to 12. Got up to I think 185lb for 5 when we switched it up for single arm rows and some other stuff. Not my best but I'll take it. Improving my rows too - 3 sets alternating l/r with 45lb dumbbells with yoga block push ups in between sets. My cool 40+ body is feeling it this morning but in a good way!
  • tonygermano2
    tonygermano2 Posts: 31 Member
    Here again. Got a mile walk in with the dog this morning, and so far everyday this week in addition to night time walks. Tracked everyday and stayed within calorie range. As I begin to get cravings under control, I want to focus on macros. I’m conscious of the but not going crazy about it at this time. Have a good day everyone.
  • jayemes
    Here again. Got a mile walk in with the dog this morning, and so far everyday this week in addition to night time walks. Tracked everyday and stayed within calorie range. As I begin to get cravings under control, I want to focus on macros. I’m conscious of the but not going crazy about it at this time. Have a good day everyone.
    I find that as much as I love my carbs, they don't fill me up, so by watching my protein and making sure I'm getting enough, I feel fuller longer. You may have a better time curbing your cravings if you figure out what macro you're low on and see if balancing things helps you feel more satiated.

• MNNiceForLife
    MNNiceForLife Posts: 15 Member
    edited August 2019
    Glad to find this group, I am 51 years young, retired and travel full-time. Looking for new accountable friends with open diaries. My major goal is toning up/strength training, I use to life 3-4 times a week but since retiring and hitting the road, it's been a challenge to get my workouts in. Wish you all the best!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Lifted this morning. Trap bar deadlifts - work sets 3x3x235. Started overhead presses again - 3x5x45 - Ima' feel that tomorrow. Then pushed the sled with 70 lbs on it - 20 reps. every minute on the minute. A great way to start the day!
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Build: Shoulders"=Done!
  • tonygermano2
    MoxyLeigh wrote: »
    As I begin to get cravings under control, I want to focus on macros.

Okay, I read that as "focus on tacos." Clearly I do not have MY cravings under control! :D
    LOL.

Im here again. Walked the dog 30 minutes this morning. Tracked everything thus far.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Been awhile since I checked in. I'm still hitting the bag and have added more strength training at a friends house as well as she has a full gym. Hoping to kettlebell class will start up soon too.

Trying to tone up a bit, have gained 2-3lbs since surgery, nothing major but need to keep it under control!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Morning kids, hope everyone is well. I decided to take a HOT HIIT class and needless to say it was awesome. Have a great day ahead.
  • jayemes
    Haven't gotten back into my normal functional training classes at my gym. The toe is almost better but still not 100%. I think I'm going to go to core class tomorrow, to hopefully ease in and fingers crossed for no running!
    Keeping up with steps and trying not to eat all the things. Happy Saturday all
  • tonygermano2
    Here again. Took a weight today and down 5.6 pounds! I’m going to keep on moving.
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Build: Chest/Tris"=Done!
  • jayemes
    60 minute core class and then 3 hours of weeding/mowing. Almost 20k steps today.
    Weight is up this week but there was a lot of sangria and chips at a block party yesterday.
    The water weight was already gone when I checked this afternoon.
    I've got to stay on track with my logging and get where I want to be finally.....
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Build: Legs...with sandbags & vest"=Done!