Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• alteredsteve175alteredsteve175 Posts: 1,731Member Member Posts: 1,731Member Member
    Front squats to a box and bench presses. Heavy (for me) on both lifts. Not the best workout ever, but as always, I am glad that I drug my carcass out of bed this morning.
  • gam3rguygam3rguy Posts: 2,950Member Member Posts: 2,950Member Member
    "Body Beast Build: Shoulders"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlkcaramelgyrlk Posts: 963Member Member Posts: 963Member Member
    Hey kids, bench press and deadlifts done. I scheduled a hot HIIT class later today. @altersteve175 what a lovely puppy. My body still feels on the jello side. Next Meet is January 2020 and training will be underway in a few weeks. Have a great day kids
    Felt like something different today...

"6 Weeks of THE WORK Sample Workout"=Done!
  • LobsterboxtopsLobsterboxtops Posts: 29Member Member Posts: 29Member Member
    Haven’t posted in this thread yet...but fit the criteria 44 working on getting active and some better overall health. The weight loss is secondary to that primary goal but have been working that with more emphasis the last month and a half.

Anyway...I bought a c2 rower last September...it sat in a box for 2 months then in late November I started using it. Goal was to row every day that I wasn’t traveling. I more or less continue to aceive that, with less than 10 days (probably closer to 5) of 0 meters. Most days it’s only 20 minutes, my ‘days off’ are only 15min. But continuity has been my focus.

I’m totally bragging now...because I’m mostly in shock. I just completed 1 Million meters!!!!

Seriously I’m the last person in the world who was supposed to be able to do this. I’m a self proclaimed slug when it comes to activity. I'm a smoker and a drinker. I’m pretty flaky when it comes to goals. But I did it!
  • WildAmaryllisWildAmaryllis Posts: 22Member, Premium Member Posts: 22Member, Premium Member
    Hi, I'm Bev from the UK and I'm 49 years old, I've lost 126lbs and have turned my life around. I've gone from being a stressed and unhappy person who never went out to a happy and confident social butterfly. I know I'm healthy and I would like to lose another 14lbs but my body seems to like the weight I am so I'm concentrating on toning my body now. If anyone is on an extreme weight loss journey and had any questions about anything, please feel free to add me as a friend or message me 🙂
  • jayemesjayemes Posts: 823Member Member Posts: 823Member Member
    Rest day today. Tomorrow is my gym's charity games. If I finish and don't die I'll be a happy camper
  • DjproulxDjproulx Posts: 1,390Member Member Posts: 1,390Member Member
    Slowly getting some of my focus back. Want to lose the 18 extra lbs that came with being sidelined for a year, so I've resumed logging.

Hired a new tri coach starting in November and excited to work with him. He's VERY data driven, which suits my style. Betting that his "return to running" program will keep me injury free when I resume.

But for right now, I need to start with eating less and getting leaner. If I want to get faster, it's that simple. :)
  • caramelgyrlkcaramelgyrlk Posts: 963Member Member Posts: 963Member Member
    Happy Friday kids. Welcome all newbies. @jayemes you're going to do great. Make us proud. @gam3rguy , keep it coming. @Djproulx, I am glad you took your time to focus on recovery. You will lose that 18 pounds in no time. I appreciate all of you that run. When I do my annual 5k, I feel like I am going to die (lol). Coach and I are going to work on my squats. UGH. Have a great weekend kids.
  • HoneyBadger155HoneyBadger155 Posts: 1,292Member Member Posts: 1,292Member Member
    I'm officially down to what I was weighing in at when I broke my leg back in 2016! Kind of an exciting day for me :) While I lost weight after the break, a LOT of it was atrophy and just due to completely losing my appetite at the time - but once that returned, the weight came back quickly (the muscle, not so much). At the start of 2018 I was 11 pounds heavier. It's been up and down in that time, but overall a slow, steady loss. My fitness has made leaps and bounds. Slow road, but trusting the process to get me there!
  • Beeps2011Beeps2011 Posts: 9,877Member Member Posts: 9,877Member Member
    Great day kids, Needless to say it my first meet was nothing short of a rush times ten. I had no idea in real time these meets are over 12 hours. I arrived at 6:30 a.m. and left at 7:15 p.m. I scored 6 out of 9 with my squat disqualifying me 2nd and 3rd attempt. I missed my last bench-press and smashed all 3 dead-lifts. I am now looking at the 2020 schedule so I can start looking at a few to compete in. Cryotherapy took care of my soreness today. The dogs and I took a 3 mile walk and they're pooped and I am still wired (lol). Have a great day kids.

You are RiDiCuLoUsLy STRONG! BOOM!
  • jayemesjayemes Posts: 823Member Member Posts: 823Member Member
    Really happy with how I did at Saturdays competition at my gym. It was a partner competition and we both finished with time to spare which was really our ultimate goal. Starting (again) today with logging and trying to get my weight under control. I would be able to do SO MUCH MORE that I want to at the gym if I wasn't lugging around 40 extra pounds!
    "Body Beast Build: Chest/Tris"=Done!
    "Body Beast Build: Legs...with sandbags & vest"=Done!
  • dieselpepsiedieselpepsie Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Ok, first time here, I am well over the 40+ mark, being 67 years young, but I am determined to make this journey and have positive results.:)
  • tcunbelievertcunbeliever Posts: 7,140Member Member Posts: 7,140Member Member
    I lifted all the weights last night...and put down grass seed, now I just need it to rain some!