40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Hey kids, I am SQUATTED out. Periodically we film ourselves so we can check out technique, form, etc. I had a load of laughs watching myself squat down to a ball. I am squatting much better with my chest up. I had a lot of accessory work. 15 second hangs are cruel and unusual torture. After 3 times, I embraced it. (LOL). Have a great day kids.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "Body Beast Bulk: Back"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    Hey kids, Benchpress, banded deadlifts, those 15 second hangs and plenty of accessory work. Keep up the great work everyone
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Arms"=Done!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    "Longer" cardio followed by my Arms day. Feeling the workouts still this week, but not feeling as worn out (physically) as I was this time last week.

Pair of my "new" (purchased in June I think) work pants that I am wearing today are going to be moved to the back of the closet after this - they are officially huge on me - thank goodness I grabbed a belt, because I have a good sized fold of extra material in the back - they'd be falling off without the belt! So - finally losing the weight off my stubborn spots!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Hey all,

I'm starting to notice some muscle soreness and fatigue as I'm into my second week of workouts under a new coach. This was what I expected, but I"m still not happy when looking at the historical performance charts and seeing how far my fitness slid during the year off.

Only one way to get it back, so the work continues. Single leg drills and tabata routines on the bike last night. This morning's fun was an off road, uphill hike and a plyometric hopping routine (to strengthen ankle/calf) with a yoga session set for tonight. Feels good to be back into a structured plan.

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,907 Member
    Leg Day!! 18 sets of fun and games before that most wonderful of God's gift to earth...the hot tub.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Reading about all your great workouts is motivational. Thanks for the encouragement. It seems to be rubbing off on me. Deadlifts this morning. 3x5x240. More weight next time.
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Shoulders"=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,922 Member
    wtf?!?
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,922 Member
    omg, caramel, I am SO SORRY!
  • gam3rguy
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    wtf?!?

THIS!
    i sent you a message...
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Chest"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    wtf?!?

THIS!
    i sent you a message...

I appreciate you. Thank you so much.
  • caramelgyrlk
    Happy Monday kids, hope all of you had a good weekend. I did 2 programs in a day to keep my mind off of the obvious. I'm going to do a pull up unassisted if its the last thing I do. I intend to do one in 2020. My brother remains in serious condition and will need surgeries to address his facial injuries. Numb is the best word that I can use to describe this situation. Have a great day kids.
  • nossmf
    Prayers...

Yesterday was push day (chest/shoulders/triceps) and today was pull day (back/biceps).
  • nossmf
    No sooner do I read about your brother than I get a call at work from my wife to say she got rear ended at a red light, the other driver stank of alcohol and took off when my wife insisted on calling the police to report the accident. Now I'm stuck at work for another hour til my relief shows up while she and my little girl are getting transported by ambulance to the hospital with neck braces for evaluation.

What a world, eh?
  • caramelgyrlk
    nossmf wrote: »
    No sooner do I read about your brother than I get a call at work from my wife to say she got rear ended at a red light, the other driver stank of alcohol and took off when my wife insisted on calling the police to report the accident. Now I'm stuck at work for another hour til my relief shows up while she and my little girl are getting transported by ambulance to the hospital with neck braces for evaluation.

What a world, eh?

Nossmfc, I am so sorry to read about your wife and daughter. I hope their injuries are not serious and wish them a speedy recovery. I know your nerves are on edge. I've been on the receiving end of a drunk driver who fled years ago and I had to be taken by ambulance. I have zero tolerance for impaired driving.

Hugs to you and your family.