40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    Chest & tris this morning.
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 10 now!!!

Ok...today was my last appointment with the orthopedic doctor. He said all is good. He said to keep progressing slowly, but I don’t have any limitations. Just to be “smart”...my BIGGEST challenge.
    So...here’s progress pics. One is 4 weeks post surgery, the other is just a couple days ago. So, I’m getting there. Hard work and ice cream every day!!!

I'm not surprised you're progressing well. The gun; looking good.
    Now I can't comment solely about you and not ask about the princess. Hug her for me.

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member

Ok...today was my last appointment with the orthopedic doctor. He said all is good. He said to keep progressing slowly, but I don’t have any limitations. Just to be “smart”...my BIGGEST challenge.
    So...here’s progress pics. One is 4 weeks post surgery, the other is just a couple days ago. So, I’m getting there. Hard work and ice cream every day!!!

Now I can't comment solely about you and not ask about the princess. Hug her for me.

LOL! She’s spoiled as Hell!
    u118etzze7do.jpeg

• gam3rguy
    "Sagi's Exclusives: Equipment Room Back & Shoulders"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Hey kids, hope all is well. I am dealing with some tenderness in my right shoulder. I took a few days to rest it. I am supposed to max out on Friday and may ride this one out. Cryotherapy is helping immensely. For giggles, I had pictures and a video taken of me in it. Enjoy my varied faces in -110 degrees Celsius. 3 minutes is not a lot of time except when you're freezing your hind quarters off (lol). Yeah yeah I know I get bored easily and find myself in these crazy situations (Do you remember naked yoga beeps and gam3rguy?). I wouldn't have it any other way.

:D i remember...for the record, i'd totally do naked cryo. NO to the yoga...LOL!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Good day kids. I had block deadlifts and pretty proud of my progress until one side rolled off onto my toes. I had on dead lift slippers and needless to say, the pain stopped me in my tracks. Plenty of ice to numb the obvious throb. The blocks were fairly new and did not have enough wear on them that would allow the weight to sit on it properly. Can you say OUCH?

Ouch!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Life continues to be busy. I have traveled far too much and as a result have not worked out. I did have a couple of hiking holidays in there where we hiked daily, which was good. I didn't renew my gym membership in the fall because I knew I would be away so much. I was supposed to be away this past week as well for work, but I canceled that trip. It was just too much. Will head back to the gym in the New Year. I did go for a run on the weekend and it went quite well! I was surprised at how good I felt.

Our son that had the brain tumor and surgery suffered another seizure. Exactly 6 months to the day of his first one. Scans showed all was clear - thank goodness! They suspect it was from dehydration, but will do more test to rule out anything else. I cannot tell you what a loop that news threw me for. It was a good wake up call for all of us - just because the surgery was successful, there will always be lasting side effects which everyone has to be cognizant of. Thankfully, his brain is healing well post surgery.

@Beeps2011 - I know exactly how you feel. I've been away from the gym for months and I am scared to go back as well. But I need the strength training so am committing to go back again. I am way past 40....and know I need to maintain good bone health. :expressionless:

To all the regular rock stars on here - keep on keepin' on! Hats off to you all.

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Glutes plus inner/outer thighs last night...and a full half hour of stretching and foam rolling everywhere...plus a bath...and I hit my protein goal...it was a perfect day in the health arena!
  • caramelgyrlk

LOL! She’s spoiled as Hell!
    u118etzze7do.jpeg

Gam3rguy, Thank you for making my day with the princess. Hmm who spoiled her? lol
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Deadlifted again today. No back pain. YAY! 4x5x185. Back over 200 (bodyweight) next week.
  • gam3rguy
    "Sagi's Exclusives: Equipment Room Chest & Tris"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    Happy Friday kids, I didn't max out today and decided to hot barre was in order followed by Cryotherapy. Have a great weekend ahead kids
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,903 Member
    Got in my leg day yesterday as scheduled, still feeling it in my hamstrings today. Yay, doms!

Today wasn't sure if I'd make it to the gym 3 days in a row or not, but got my pull day for back/biceps.

Am thinking I may need to adjust my plan of attack. Been working under the hope/assumption I'd get in 4 workouts every 10 days (my current work rotation), giving one day each for push-pull-legs-deadlift. However, until this week I've only been able to get in three workouts per rotation, so been leaving out deadlifts. Maybe I should just give up the idea and incorporate them into one of the other workouts (more likely pull than legs), and if I do get in four workouts in a single rotation I just move on with the next workout in sequence between the remaining three. Wasn't that long ago when I woke up rearing to go to the gym; now sleep is a wonderful, beautiful experience I'm loath to interrupt! lol
  • gam3rguy
    Yesterday was Chest & Shoulders at the gym.
    Today... Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 12! 60#!! Went slow on the swing squats and didn’t need to drop down to pinky! Just focused on form and let the METAL push me through. Just gonna lay here now.
    🤘💀👍
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Still here
    really cleaned up my meeting last few weeks and have been reducing my number of work out a week to 4-5x max and lots of lifting/squats/weights..focus on toning

• caramelgyrlk
    Happy Monday kids. I did extra warmups for my shoulders to attempt strict press' and low bar squats and that paid off. I ran today also.

Have a great day kids.
  • gam3rguy
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 13! 60#!! at the gym...followed by legs!!! worked in front load squats with the sandbag as supersets!
  • gam3rguy
    "A Week of Hard Labor Day 1: Chest & Back"=Done!
    “WHAT A MESS!!”
    ...😳
    Now I gotta put all those weights back. 😠
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Arms"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Shoulders"=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,921 Member
    Happy Holidays everyone!

I have six days and six nights of glorious vacation with my little family of five. In the Mexico sun and oceanside. :)