Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• gam3rguygam3rguy Posts: 3,292Member Member Posts: 3,292Member Member
    "Body Beast Build: Back/Bis"=Done!
  • nossmfnossmf Posts: 1,115Member Member Posts: 1,115Member Member
    Chest & shoulders today...and yes, I did ensure the bench press bar was the 45# version before I started, lol.

Massive leg DOMS... once I get back into the habit of lifting regularly again that goes away, all the more incentive to keep at it rather than lifting only sporadically!
    22 Minute Hard Corps: Cold Start & Brute Force Blue Line Fitness Series: MMA Cardio AMRAP!! 60#!!!
    "Body Beast Build: Legs"=Done! with Vest ,Sandbags, Dumbbells & EZ bar!!!
    22 Minute Hard Corps: Cold Start & Brute Force Blue Line Fitness Series: Lower Body AMRAP! 4 full rounds!!! 60#!!!
    "Body Beast Build: Shoulders"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlkcaramelgyrlk Posts: 1,030Member Member Posts: 1,030Member Member
    Happy Friday kids, hope all is well. @gam3rguy, what an upcoming schedule. Love it. I had nothing but varied bench press with an AMRAP at 80%. I also AMRAP at 70% with deadlifts. Needless to say this ole girl is sore. My youngest turned 18 today. Time does fly. Have a great weekend kids. Keep up the AWESOME work.
  • gothchiqgothchiq Posts: 4,494Member Member Posts: 4,494Member Member
    I can't do "real" pushups anymore, either. Arthritic wrists and elbows plus being less strong because I'm 51. Here is a substitute: Place hands on wall in front of you, back your feet away as far as seems reasonable and push "up" off the wall. You'll just do more reps to make up for the lowered resistance.
    Djproulx wrote: »
    @gam3rguy - Love your OCR schedule. That's a LOT of racing. And the Spartan Beast is held at Killington, isn't it?
    I'm guessing that will be a long "fun filled" day. :) Have you raced it before? What is the time limit for completion?
    Killington is correct. This will be my first time there. The time limit is finish before they close the mountain. Lol. I think in Jersey you have till 9 pm. So, depends on start time.
  • nossmfnossmf Posts: 1,115Member Member Posts: 1,115Member Member
    Didn't post it Friday, but that day was back/bi's day. Decided to throw in shrugs as well, as they are a pulling motion of a sort. Always a good day when you finish and mark in your log to INCREASE the work for next workout. :-)
  • DjproulxDjproulx Posts: 1,594Member Member Posts: 1,594Member Member
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    Djproulx wrote: »
    @gam3rguy - Love your OCR schedule. That's a LOT of racing. And the Spartan Beast is held at Killington, isn't it?
    I'm guessing that will be a long "fun filled" day. :) Have you raced it before? What is the time limit for completion?
    Killington is correct. This will be my first time there. The time limit is finish before they close the mountain. Lol. I think in Jersey you have till 9 pm. So, depends on start time.

When I saw that entry and realized it was held at Killington, I remembered comments from friends who did the race and underestimated the significant cardio fitness required to travel up and down the mountains for half a day.

With your consistent training, I'm sure you're going to spank that course! :)

• caramelgyrlkcaramelgyrlk Posts: 1,030Member Member Posts: 1,030Member Member
    Hi kids, took Hot Hiit and man am I sore. Have a great night.
    Saturday was Chest & tris at the gym.
    Yesterday I surfed the couch and played PS4 all day (beat Resident Evil 7!!!).

Today...Brute Force Blue Line Fitness Series: Total Body AMRAP! 60#!!!
    edited January 27
    Les Mills COMBAT COMBAT:30+Brute Force Blue Line Fitness Series: MMA Cardio! 60#!!!
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 8,439Member Member Posts: 8,439Member Member
    2 more sleeps and I will wake up 42. Where has the life gone.
    22 Minute Hard Corps: Cold Start & Brute Force Blue Line Fitness Series: Lower Body AMRAP!!!! 60#!!!
    "Body Beast Build: Back/Bis"=Done!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 476Member Member Posts: 476Member Member
    Weighed in today. Scale steady but I'm down a size, so recomp is happening. I'm having some gut pain today and until I figure out what it is, I'm going to rest.
  • sdereskisdereski Posts: 3,408Member Member Posts: 3,408Member Member
    Hi all. Did a version of crossfit yesterday. It was good. Certainly got a sweat on. Then curled for just shy of two hours. I can feel that I am getting stronger; my arms were not nearly as tired sweeping as they were 2 weeks ago. :)