40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• TorqueMonster1972
    TorqueMonster1972 Posts: 11 Member
    Hey all - 47 years old man changing my life around. Just getting over depression and looking at my fitness to balance my life again. I am a cyclist and have been off the bike the last 10 years as well as weight lifting for strength and not bulk. I recognize that I need community support both in discipline and emotional wellness.

started cycling 7 weeks ago and up to 120km per week now. also been to the gym weekdays for an hour, and Saturdays running - Sunday being the day to reconcile with the wife and kids. please send a FR if you feel comfortable to do so.
  • TorqueMonster1972
    nossmf wrote: »
    Gonna have to start talking to the kids about cutting back a little, especially now that they're home all day...

My kids are at home as well.... and my employer asked us to work from home..... lucky I can tell them to go play outside....
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "Body Beast Bulk: Back"=Done!

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,688 Member
    I was supposed to hit the gym today for my next chest workout, but my wife suggested I not go to the gym for a couple weeks. Probably her just being a little over-paranoid, but it's written, "He that listens to the wisdom of his wife shall have no lack of gain." (Text slightly off, working from memory here.) So if her wisdom says stay, I stay, at least for now. At my age, probably could use a break anyway for my joints.
  • gam3rguy
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cardio 1 & Core 2”=Done!!!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I just ordered a whole bunch of anime...thank you amazon...I also am considering finding some darebee cardio stuff because I am definitely home more nights with nothing to do except sit around and I don't think that's the best...RavenCon was delayed indefinitely, so long princess leia, but I'm trying to keep on track with the fluff shedding...I did finally get a scale that works though it puts my body fat about 7% higher than the old one, at least it seems consistent.
  • TorqueMonster1972
    COVID - SHMOVID!!! decided to build a new daily pattern and cycle the same distance in a loop as I would to work and use the home gym and start working from home at my normal time. I feel great and only missed a day of workout. Going to go for another ride later this afternoon and make up for missed distance yesterday. If need be - use the Elliptical for the Low impact recovery days....

tjjf1ap19f1t.jpg
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    COVID - SHMOVID!!! decided to build a new daily pattern and cycle the same distance in a loop as I would to work and use the home gym and start working from home at my normal time. I feel great and only missed a day of workout. Going to go for another ride later this afternoon and make up for missed distance yesterday. If need be - use the Elliptical for the Low impact recovery days....

tjjf1ap19f1t.jpg

Nice setup. Do you use a cycling app when riding indoors?
  • TorqueMonster1972
    edited March 2020
    Djproulx wrote: »

Thanks - the family loves it - Daughter and Wife like not being leered at by dirty old men....

I have a HIIT program and Netflix....
    4 min warm up in HR Z1
    5 min in HR Z2 then
    4 times
    30 sec hard burn and 1 min recover
    4 times
    40 sec hard burn and 1 min recover
    4 times
    then 10 min cool down (without throwing up)

• Djproulx
    Djproulx wrote: »

Thanks - the family loves it - Daughter and Wife like not being leered at by dirty old men....

I have a HIIT program and Netflix....
    4 min warm up in HR Z1
    5 min in HR Z2 then
    4 times
    4 times
    40 sec hard burn and 1 min recover
    4 times
    then 10 min cool down (without throwing up)

Gotcha. That will get the HR up. :)
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Arms"=Done!

• gam3rguy
    edited March 2020
    I just ordered a whole bunch of anime...thank you amazon...I also am considering finding some darebee cardio stuff because I am definitely home more nights with nothing to do except sit around and I don't think that's the best...RavenCon was delayed indefinitely, so long princess leia, but I'm trying to keep on track with the fluff shedding...I did finally get a scale that works though it puts my body fat about 7% higher than the old one, at least it seems consistent.

Ooooo! Anime! I like anime!

• mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    nossmf wrote: »
    I was supposed to hit the gym today for my next chest workout, but my wife suggested I not go to the gym for a couple weeks. Probably her just being a little over-paranoid, but it's written, "He that listens to the wisdom of his wife shall have no lack of gain." (Text slightly off, working from memory here.) So if her wisdom says stay, I stay, at least for now. At my age, probably could use a break anyway for my joints.

All our gyms have been ordered to close. have to do something else for the foreseeable future.
  • gam3rguy
    “22 Minute Hard Corps: Resistance 1”=Done!
  • TorqueMonster1972
    Just went for a 30km bike ride and cooked about 852Cal of stored energy around the body!
  • Djproulx
    Hey Kids,

Well, my pool is closed, so I was forced to substitute a swimcord routine and run for actual pool time yesterday. No biggie, since the South Beach Triathlon was just cancelled. :(

While I'm sure to lose some swim fitness until I can begin open water swims, at least the cycling, running, yoga and strength stuff is "business as usual". Tonight's indoor cycling fun included a few rounds of FTP intervals, followed by some tempo paced work.

Stay Cool.....
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Shoulders"=Done!

• gam3rguy
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Spec Ops Cardio & Core 2”=Done!!!
  • gam3rguy
    “22 Minute Hard Corps: Cold Start & Resistance 3”=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "Sagi's Exclusives Equipment Room: Chest & Tris"=Done!