Calorie Counter

Message Boards General Health, Fitness and Diet
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• gam3rguygam3rguy Member Posts: 3,507 Member Member Posts: 3,507 Member
    "A Week of Hard Labor Day 2: Legs"=Done!
  • alteredsteve175alteredsteve175 Member Posts: 2,006 Member Member Posts: 2,006 Member
    Hey kids, Happy Monday.
    My body is in shock for sure. I REALLY DISLIKE MY COACH RIGHT NOW!!!!LOL . The ramp up program is DEFINITELY a shock to my entire body. I had no idea sandbags were so darn heavy. I am happy as a pig in mud to be back at the gym. The Hu, Godsmack and Disturbed was the playlist of choice to keep me in the ZONE.
    I am pooped.
    Have a good night kids

That comment made me laugh, Kym. 😁 We used to make jokes at boot camp sessions about how much we hated the trainer. Loudly. So he could hear us. It was all in good fun, but he knew he was pushing us to work harder.

"Body Beast Bulk: Back"=Done!
    yesterday afternoon I banged out "T25 GAMMA Rip't Up"!
    "P90X ONE on ONE Vol. 1: Just Arms"!!!=Done!!
  • caramelgyrlkcaramelgyrlk Member Posts: 1,056 Member Member Posts: 1,056 Member
    My coach SUCKS.....LOL, my body feels as if I've never worked out in my life. How are the rest of you feeling that went back to the gym? With the resurgence in cases, I'm nervous this hard work could be short term.
    Have an awesome evening.
  • Beeps2011Beeps2011 Member Posts: 10,169 Member Member Posts: 10,169 Member
    Drink lots of water, caramel!

I have been lifting throughout the Pandemic (...my gym closed and so I worked out from home....my gym is still closed and I doubt I will be comfy going back until a vaccine arrives years from now...). I don’t lift as often because my home gym is in a basement room, which I find claustrophobic. But I do force myself to go and lift at least two x per week.

Our new house, whenever it is finished, will also place the workout room in the basement. But NO walls will be in that basement and LOTS of light. So, hopefully I can find the lifting experience less traumatic and more exhilarating.
  • alteredsteve175alteredsteve175 Member Posts: 2,006 Member Member Posts: 2,006 Member
    Did a kettlebell circuit Wednesday. Still sore today. Got to get back on a regular workout schedule.
    Gym is open. Banged out chest, shoulders and tris yesterday...legs today!
  • AllPositive1AllPositive1 Member Posts: 13 Member Member Posts: 13 Member
    Starting T25 tonight. Wish me luck!
  • DancingMoosieDancingMoosie Member Posts: 5,348 Member Member Posts: 5,348 Member
    Good luck! I just tried T25 gamma recently. I completed alpha and beta a few years ago.
    I ran at the park today. It was hotter than I like, but it was also intermittently windy, so that helped a little.
    Banged out some back & traps at the gym!
  • caramelgyrlkcaramelgyrlk Member Posts: 1,056 Member Member Posts: 1,056 Member
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    Banged out some back & traps at the gym!

How was it? Are you surrounded by plastic shields? I saw a video clip of a gym with plastic shields in between each treadmill and elliptical.
    Front and back squats today and a bit of accessory work. I hate hollow rocks. I have marky Mark's on my program for tomorrow. Can someone enlighten me? Can only find the rapper when I Google this strange exercise.

Front and back squats today and a bit of accessory work. I hate hollow rocks. I have marky Mark's on my program for tomorrow. Can someone enlighten me? Can only find the rapper when I Google this strange exercise.

Try searching for Marky mark workout. I think that's what you're looking for.
    Happy Canada Day to all the Canadians here! 🍁 (Didn't have a Canadian flag emoji, so that maple leaf will have to do.) 😁

Rolled over the calendar to July this morning and read this quote -- "The best is yet to be." - Robert Browning

Here's hoping that is true for the second half of 2020!
    Thanks, altered - it was a lovely Canada Day here!

Lifting today. And cutting calories for the next 9 weeks straight. BOOM.
    Uh-oh! I forgot to post yesterday...like, at all. 😳
    Yesterday was shoulders at the gym and T25 Pyramid at home.
    Today was Chest & Tris at the gym...I’ll hit T25 Rip’t circuit later.
    That is rare as rare can be, gam3rguy...you post so regularly!

Yesterday I did a morning walk with daughter and an evening walk with husband and son. Nice. Glorious weather!
    Good day kids. In the midst of my run, this darn heel spur reared its ugly head. I had to walk the rest of the way. PT starts this week to address it.

I am now a huge fan of squat university. My squats are improving without lift shoes. In fact, just socks.

I'm addressing my core strength/ ankle mobility to ensure my form is correct before adding heavier weights. The ramp up program is showing improvement in my bench and deadlifts.

I decided not to compete again until 2021. This gives me time to correct, address, improve.

Have a great day kids.