Myfitnesspal

Message Boards General Health, Fitness and Diet
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

1917918919920921923»

Replies

• Kathleen0916Kathleen0916 Member Posts: 11 Member Member Posts: 11 Member
    Hello. First time posting and really engaging on MFP. Not sure how to join. I'm 44 and really have tried to put a serious focus on my health this year. I woke up one day in January and was over it. I went immediately into a 30 day Whole 30 style cooking/eating. I've been eating clean since January. Lost about 22 lbs initially but have been slipping with "cheat meals" on weekends so I need to reign it in this month. Last weekend was 3 cheat meals and that is enough. Thought joining a group like this will help me keep up the efforts day-to-day. I suffer from chronic back pain b/c of 2 heriniated discs so working out is a struggle. I just bought a stationary bike thinking that would be a good option. Did my first workout yesterday and it was rough lol but I got through 30 mins so I'm off to a good week. I know I have a long journey ahead and I have been good with turning the page when I do allow myself a cheat meal. I was pretty strict in Jan/Feb. I swear I gain wait just by looking at something sugary lol I am putting in a better effort this week and hoping this group will keep me going. My goals are simple...Lose weight, get strong and live healthier. :)
  • alteredsteve175alteredsteve175 Member Posts: 2,410 Member Member Posts: 2,410 Member
    Hello. First time posting and really engaging on MFP. Not sure how to join. I'm 44 and really have tried to put a serious focus on my health this year. I woke up one day in January and was over it. I went immediately into a 30 day Whole 30 style cooking/eating. I've been eating clean since January. Lost about 22 lbs initially but have been slipping with "cheat meals" on weekends so I need to reign it in this month. Last weekend was 3 cheat meals and that is enough. Thought joining a group like this will help me keep up the efforts day-to-day. I suffer from chronic back pain b/c of 2 heriniated discs so working out is a struggle. I just bought a stationary bike thinking that would be a good option. Did my first workout yesterday and it was rough lol but I got through 30 mins so I'm off to a good week. I know I have a long journey ahead and I have been good with turning the page when I do allow myself a cheat meal. I was pretty strict in Jan/Feb. I swear I gain wait just by looking at something sugary lol I am putting in a better effort this week and hoping this group will keep me going. My goals are simple...Lose weight, get strong and live healthier. :)

Welcome, Kathleen. Nothing to join here - just a place where 40+ folks post about their trials and tribulations and accomplishments in their weight loss journeys. Come on back and share your experiences.
  • Beeps2011Beeps2011 Member Posts: 10,611 Member Member Posts: 10,611 Member
    Hello Kathleen!
  • zoewilson287zoewilson287 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    Hello! First time group joiner here. I really lost my grip in 2020. I'm 45, and very likely perimenopausal. Getting to my goal weight will take some serious work, but it's that or giving up - and I'm not ready to give up.
  • alteredsteve175alteredsteve175 Member Posts: 2,410 Member Member Posts: 2,410 Member
    Welcome, Zoe. You'll find plenty of encouragement and support here.

Todays workout:
    Warmup routine
    Pigeon pose
    Plank Tabata - 25 seconds in each position - time to move up to 30 seconds.
    Trap bar deadlifts interspersed with squat band stretches and pushups. 3*5*165 for work sets - 3 sets of 10 pushups.
    Leg press 3*10*120 - working back up here to get back to squats at some point.

Like a lot of folks, I lost a lot of strength with being out of the gym for awhile. Was deadlifting 200+ last year when they closed the gyms. Aarrgghh! A good lesson - don't take a long layoff if at all possible.

• Kathleen0916Kathleen0916 Member Posts: 11 Member Member Posts: 11 Member
    Hello! First time group joiner here. I really lost my grip in 2020. I'm 45, and very likely perimenopausal. Getting to my goal weight will take some serious work, but it's that or giving up - and I'm not ready to give up.

Hello. I'm going through the same thing. The progress has been slow or at a standstill. Good Luck on your journey :)