40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,927 Member
    Today we move out one Univ kid to a different apartment. Tomorrow we move out the other Univ kid to their different apartment. I am not doing the physical move, but these days are stressful and I know someone will try to rope me into cleaning.

The weather is dry and sunny - good.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,967 Member
    I hear ya. I have one son graduating high school who plans to enlist in the Army first chance he gets...a second son sick of living in mama's basement who wants to move out first chance he gets...a daughter who graduates next year. We're gonna go from a household of six to a house of three in very short order.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Sorry for the hiatus. Was training like a mad person for the ladies of Iron PL meet this past Saturday.

I scored 7 out of 9. Hit PR's in all 3 categories.

My body is resting on ice...lol

Here's a few pics from the meet.

• caramelgyrlk
    m1p46iw1ipyc.jpg
  • caramelgyrlk
    0jh48m6vevit.jpg
  • caramelgyrlk
    d0b0luwukpry.jpg
  • Beeps2011
    That is amazing caramel! omg, good for you! Awesome photos! And PR’s on everything?!? omg WOW!!
  • caramelgyrlk
    @Beeps2011, Katie and I looked at my PL record and matched it up with this past meet and realized I PR'd in all 3. 60 pound PR in squat 40 pound PR bench and 10 in deadlift.

Only kettleball class today. Still kinda sore.

Have a great day ahead kids.
  • caramelgyrlk
    edited May 2022
    Morning kids back to business today.

Went to lifting cast and was pleased to see I ranked in the top 10 for Masters.

Kettlebell class and Row machine.

Also time to REALLY focus on building more muscle to lose inches and weight.

Have a great day ahead kids.
  • nossmf
    3 for 3 new PR's...and by large amounts, not just a half pound at a time...here I'm feeling good if I add 5 pounds to a single lift, and you added a combined 110!

*bows down repeatedly* We're not worthy! We're not worthy!
  • Beeps2011
    That is truly amazing, caramel. Amazing!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Sorry for the hiatus. Was training like a mad person for the ladies of Iron PL meet this past Saturday.

I scored 7 out of 9. Hit PR's in all 3 categories.

My body is resting on ice...lol

Here's a few pics from the meet.

That is awesome! Love the pics too. Man this is inspiration!

I'm actually looking at reaching out for help to lose the covid fat. Just can't shake it (I blame menopause). I want to change up my workouts, but still keep some of the stuff I love.

Plus I try and eat decent, but don't want to give everything up. Just so much harder than years past.
  • caramelgyrlk
    Happy Friday kids.

Thank you so much for the kind words and encouragement. I appreciate it.

Tried to upload a few of the videos and keep getting an error message. Guess the files are too big.

I sound like rice crispies in milk as the chiropractor adjusted me today....lol

Very little energy. Just walked the dogs.

Have a great weekend kids
  • GeraldB42
    GeraldB42 Posts: 3 Member
    Anybody loosing weight by cold water swimming?
  • nossmf
    I learned how to swim as a kid at summer camp in a glacier-fed lake. Though maybe saying we swam in the lake isn't quite accurate...it was more like we ran across the surface of the lake road-runner style. Egad, I still remember that cold even decades later.

All that to say...no, not me.
  • Beeps2011
    I do need to lose weight - I will eat less….no cold water swimming for me.
  • caramelgyrlk
    I definitely could stand to lose weight.

Never-ending battle.

Walked the dogs and took Kettlebell class.

Only cold thing I'll do is cryotherapy and that's a 2-3 minute ordeal. I'll pass on the swimming.

Have a great day kids.
  • SexyFit58
    SexyFit58 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello, 40+ here. Where to start with strength building? Weird thing my feet hurt when walking. Is this a Covid thing or is 4 miles to start too much? I have no answers. Thoughts?
  • kaylanlynnNW
    kaylanlynnNW Posts: 121 Member
    Anyone have success when the diary predicts your weight in 5 weeks has it been correct for anyone?
  • Kiwi2mfp
    Kiwi2mfp Posts: 166 Member
    SexyFit58 wrote: »
    Hello, 40+ here. Where to start with strength building? Weird thing my feet hurt when walking. Is this a Covid thing or is 4 miles to start too much? I have no answers. Thoughts?

I had covid in October and there were a lot of weird side effects for me. I had serious foot pain for close to a year before covid but covid knocked me on my butt for over a week. My foot actually got better. But my kidneys took and hit and ever virus I ever encountered in my life seems to have flared up. That said, who knows what covid could have done to you. But the 4 miles at start was likely the cause. Ease into things.