2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Options

Replies

• makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    So sorry friends... my world has been tipsy turvy...

what I need to do most is break a good sweat... yet I have found no time??? Frustration!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Debra!!!!!

My Thursday 5/7 was JMBR & walking the dogs!!!
  • vhuber
    Options
    Friday (6/7): A 3 mile walk with the furries!
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    sigh... I did get a workout in.. this week was walking, elliptical and a couple mornings on treadmill walking incline but at a 4 mph pace.

I just haven't made it back to post.
    Will do better this week!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Good job Verda and Ivy! And Debra, it sounds like you did get the workouts in, and I'm sure next week will be even better!

I'm sitting at a pathetic 2/7 for the week!! There are just no words for how busy this past week was for me. I went on a 3.7 mile run with my running group this morning and there was a HUGE hill in the middle. That was so not fun, but I survived! Hope to get some activity in tomorrow--maybe another run or my new Jillian video, we'll see.

This coming week will be another crazy one. I've got a deadline on a review article I'm writing, and I"m flying out to Dallas on Friday to meet with my co-authors then flying home on Saturday, and I need the outline and abstract finished by this Tuesday. AAHHHH!!! I stayed at work until nearly 7pm last night working on this so barely got to see the kiddos before bedtime. Have to get some work done this weekend or it will be another crazy week!

Hope you ladies are having a great weekend so far!!!!
  • vhuber
    Options
    Debra just keep plugging away, use moving as your stress reliever!!

Heather, gosh your life is sounding like Debra's! But you are young and still motivated to get things done so I have total faith in you on keeping fitness in your life when there is a window of opportunity!!! Life WILL slow down I promise!!!!

My 7/7 was a 7.25 mile bike ride and I just may go again this evening when it isn't so hot out!
  • vhuber
    Options
    SUNDAY 1/7
    11 miles on bike, week 10 of JMBR plus 290 reps!!!!
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    There mike run/walk
    25 slow push UPS
    50 slow squats.. Yippee! And I logged it all!!!
    1/7
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:
    haha... posted from phone last night...should of read
    three mile run/walk

not sure what a mike run/walk is..... :laugh:
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Just stopping by quickly, forgot to post my workout from Sunday. 1/7 yesterday with Jillian's 6wk 6 pack DVD. It is not easy, I am such a weakling! Hope to be nice and strong by the end of it. I'd like to get a run in this evening, but we'll see. Hope you all have a great day!
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    2/7 with an elliptical workout.. 40 minutes total doing spurts of intervals.. great workout..really shot the heart rate all around.
    Push ups and some squats!!
  • vhuber
    Options
    2/7 with a 5 mile bike ride, 4 mile walk, 50 squats, 25 pushups and 25 tricep dips!!!!
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    2/7 with a 5 mile bike ride, 4 mile walk, 50 squats, 25 pushups and 25 tricep dips!!!!
    Ya Baby!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    3/7 with a treadmill walk at 4 incline and 3.7 speed. I was sore and this helped.
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    4/7 today I did 40 minutes on the elliptical and 25 push ups and 50 squats. :)
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    3/7 with a treadmill walk at 4 incline and 3.7 speed. I was sore and this helped.

This post was for Tuesday.. but didn't get posted until this morning
  • vhuber
    Options
    Rested Tuesday.
    3/7 with a 4.25 mile speed walk, 50 squats, 25 pushups & 16 tricep dips!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Go Debra and Verda! You guys are rocking it! I was 2/7 last night with my group run. We did track work and did "Indian Runs" which is basically everyone running in a straight line around the track and passing batons from front to back. When you're the last one in line and you get the baton you sprint to the front. It was really alot of fun! Not sure if I'll get a workout in today, hubby has PT so I have kid duty once I get home. Also, my PT told me not run for a bit because my hip was a little worse when I saw her on Monday. Oops! I'm a bad patient (doctors make the WORST patients) but I was feeling fine before the run and I didn't have any issues during the run, so hopefully she won't fuss at me. :wink:

Headed to Dallas tomorrow afternoon then fly back to Chapel Hill Saturday night and then a crazy busy day Sunday, and then it starts all over again Monday. Hope to fit some fitness in there at some point! Hope you all are having a great day! :bigsmile:
  • vhuber
    Options
    Heather, I hope your hip does not get any worse. Get back to your yoga before or after running so it gets a NICE stretch. Your life is very hectic and you'll have to squeeze in fitness when and where you can. I have faith in ya!:wink: Safe travel prayers being asked!!!

My 4/7 was a repeat of yesterday!!!
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    tried to post from my phone last night at the football game... but it wouldn't let me!

5/7 with a day of Yogini... I was pretty sore from getting back to things this week... so I did an easier day. Loved it.. my hamstrings were so tight!

I am going to probably fit something in today too... I have plans tomorrow and Sunday... so .. I had better today! I might take tomorrow off and a walk on SUnday... we will see.

Heather.. I read your post last night to my husband and shared about you just getting back from Vegas! He always bails on working out with me because he says "he works" and can't just fit it in like I am able to do........

Well... I said Heather works... and travels and listen to how she kicks butt and motivates me!!

I am worried about my husband because he is thin... but tired A LOT! He comes from work and if we are not at my son's sporting events.. then he is sleeping on recliner.... lately he has been have tummy issues. ( which I think he should see a doctor)... but oh no... he is to stubbron for that... I just think a few workouts a week would give him more energy... I know I feel better when I fit it in.

I don't push the issue.. no one likes being told they are doing something wrong... but still....... hehehe

great job... fitting your running in... very proud of you!

And Verda... you know I am proud of you... you are my daily inspiration!!!