2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Thanks Debra, I'm glad i inspire someone!:wink:

My Friday was 5/7 with a 2.5 mile speed walk with reps!
    I saw a mountain lion late the night before by our barn & again this morning across our dam. I guess it is wearing a whistle on a lanyard and carrying a BIG stick. Had to do this another year when some were spotted close to farms. Makes going out not as enjoyable!!
  • vhuber
    Ended my week with 6/7. Today I RAN 4.75 walked .25. I hope you ALL are having a great weekend1
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Thanks for the encouraging words, ladies! And Verda, I do think that I am going to fit the fit the yoga back in. I had dropped it since I was doing the exercise prescribed by my PT, but I think the yoga was helping too.

Debra, I know how hard it is to make suggestions without coming across as nagging! I do agree that your hubby would probably have more energy by getting a few workouts in--I know I feel better when I workout! I am looking forward to getting early morning workouts in hopefully soon. As soon as I start getting some decent sleep I'll be able to consistently drag my butt out of bed at 5:30am. :wink:

So I ended my week at 3/7 with a treadmill run at the hotel yesterday and I'm 1/7 today with another treadmill run. Will try to get some yoga in later. Hope you ladies have a great day!!!
  • vhuber
    1/7 with 4.5 miles of interval run/speed walks!
    Have a great week ladies!!!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    BUsy weekend... not home much like I thought. I am disappointed that I got nothing in for fitness to start my week yesterday. I am thinking of doing a total body work out today and I also have to go mow the rental... which is three hours of push mowing... so that should burn some calories... might be late... but I will let you know!
    Have a greta week everyone!

goodness... wish there was auto spell check for monday mornings, edited so you could read it!!
  • makeitallsue
    haha... have a great week....

I wonder what a "greta" week is???? :laugh: :drinker: :laugh:
  • vhuber
    I did not even notice Debra!:laugh: :laugh:

2/7 was a repeat of yesterday but tonite I was pushing my grandson in the jogger ( he is almost 6). My how he is growing!
  • makeitallsue
    didnt get back to post yesterday... but I did 30 day shred and almost threee hours of push mowing. 1/7
    today my 2/7 was 40 minutes total on elliptical, doing sprint intervals! and a quick walk afterwards to cool down and check mail... lol
  • vhuber
    3/7 was a 6 plus mile bike ride!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Great job ladies! (or "greta" job as Debra likes to say :wink: )

Unfortunately I am still at 1/7 for the week. Had to miss my run tonight due to feeling crappy and getting off work late. I love the learning and socialization that my daughter gets from going to pre-school, but I DO NOT like the germs she brings home! I have a horrible cold and sound like a frog when I talk. And of course I had to lecture for 3 hours today! Time for some Nyquil and then bed. Hope to get some activity in later this week when I'm feeling better. Have a nice evening all!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Feeling a little better today so I was able to get 2/7 with a run/walk in for 30 min in my neighborhood. I was pushing the big *kitten* double stroller with both kids, so I was fine running the flats, but had to walk up the hills.

Hope you guys are doing well!
  • vhuber
    Good job Heather and i hope you get better real fast!!

I'm at 4/7 with yesterdays short bike ride and a pasture walk with the furries and today was 8 miles of intervals on my bike!:tongue:
  • vhuber
    The above should have said 5/7 not 4/7.
    I took Friday as a day of rest (sorta)!
    Today is 6/7 with a 4 mile run and a 1 mile walk!

Have a great weekend!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    3/7 with 4 mile run in the rain with running group. Happy Saturday all!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    1/7 with a 3.4 mile run. Happy Sunday!!!
  • vhuber
    Good job Heather!!!

Where are ya IVY girl!!!

I know Debra has been moving but not able to post!!!

I did NOT workout today, have been having some PAIN on my left side (from the back to the front above the hip!).It was there yesterday but I ran through the pain and regretted it later! Maybe you could enlighten me Heather as to what this could be. If it persist's I will go to the doc this week!

Have a great week ladies!!!
  • makeitallsue
    Sorry ladies... yes I have been getting fitness in... but unable to make it to groups. I can post from my phone to groups... but cannot see what I have written until after it posts... and sometimes my phone will totally change the words for some reason. I am sure it is me... LOL
    But I finished last week 6/7, one of the days was just a 15 minute walk... but I am trying hard to fit something in everyday. I took Saturday off.. but did outside yard work and we closed our swimming pool.
    Sunday I got up and asked my husband if he wanted to go for a walk. We are trying to repair a bad patch in our marriage and I am going to ask him to go on a weekly walk with me... instead of leaving him... haha :wink: ... well hubby decided to run part of it. I was feeling a little dehydrated and said no at first... but then when I seen him running a head of me... I thought, why not, so I ran for about 2 miles and also walked for about 2... I had to ge back to the house to prepare lunch because my son was having his girlfriend over for lunch and we had baseball later in he afternoon. HUbby ended up running three total and walked 2... what was a little funny was it just kicked his butt.... he came home asking me how I do that??.... hahaha... I came home, started laundry, put some clothes on the line, took a shower and started lunch... hehehe.. I told him... well I don't "NOT" exercise for a year and then try to run 3 miles... haha,,, I try to do a little something everyday... Go ME! :drinker:
    But on my way back home.... a little rural church had let out . I was running against traffic like you are suppose to... well this light colored car was coming at me... I kept thinking... "it will get over".. "it has to see me".. I could see it coming for a good half mile... and it was getting closer and closer and it was not moving over,... I was all the way on the birm.. but this is a rural county road right... I keep thinking... it has to see me... well I ended up having to jump in the ditch! Forheavens sake... I was screaming at the vehicle and then as it passed me I could see it was an eldery lady... had to be coming from church and I honestly believe she never did see me... and if she did... shame on her for not getting over. I had thought about running right up to the church and telling the pastor to have a talk with his elderly congregation... "share the road"// I didn't yesterday because I was busy.... but I just might pop in or send a letter out this week... thanks goodness I was paying attention... scared me to death!

Great Job Heather... really getting your runs in... and
    Verda... you need a hot tub and some real rest days!! Hope you are feeling better!!
    Yes/// IVY??? Where are ya??? Hope you are well!!
  • vhuber
    Gosh Debra that would have been scary! I always ride or run facing traffic just for that reason! I met a man last week who did not see me but I know his German Shepherd in the passenger seat did!:laugh: It watched me the whole time! I had to chuckle to myself!!!
    That was nice of your hub's to get out there with ya! Mine ALWAYS has something else to do!!! But most days I am out running trying to free myself from killing him for being an @ss! :wink: I WISH I had a real hot tub on most days!!!

I got my back adjusted today & it felt ALOT better so I speed walked the furries 3 miles!!! So I am good for 1/7!
  • wanna_be_fit
    I'm glad the adjustment helped your back and hip, Verda! It's hard to predict exactly what it could be, but if it shoots from your back down into your leg sometimes it is pinched nerve in the back. True hip joint pain usually hurts primarily in the groin.

Debra--glad you didn't get run over!!!! People really should pay better attention. And good for you making your hubby realize that it takes more than a 3 mile run once a year to be in shape! :)

As for me I am happy to report that I am 2/7 with a 3 mile treadmill run this morning at 5:30. Ugh, these early mornings are going to kill me, but the half marathon my girlfriends want to do is only 16 weeks away, so I have to get serious about the training.

Hope you guys are having a good start to your week!!!
  • vhuber
    2/7 I got in a 4 mile run with a 1/2 mile walk this evening! The wind was strong and we are to possibly see rain with some snow!! I hope Mr Weatherman is WRONG again!!!!

Good job Heather.. I know what you mean about the early morning workouts, it seems like I can hardly get my heart rate up maybe it's cuz I can hardly get my eyes open!:laugh: