40 +? anyone

124»

Replies

• thershey
    thershey Posts: 57 Member
    I also am over 40 and started the walking away the pounds videos....I love them, I will weigh in on Friday to see what progress I have made but I feel so good 4 days in!!!!
  • sahalcomb
    sahalcomb Posts: 86 Member
    Hey everyone! I'm 42 & the mom of 3 great kids, 21, 16 & 14. I've been up and down on the scale for my entire life and being only 5'2", that really stinks! :) I lost 30+ lbs ten years ago and kept it off for about five yrs. Then life took over, combined with horrible eating habits and a crazy lazy exercise approach, & I have gained all that I had lost and even gained another 30 lbs on top of that! My starting weight was the heaviest I've ever been and I realized I had to do something...for me! Six months in, 20 inches gone and 38 lbs lighter, I feel so much better---physically and mentally. It feels great to put forth the effort and see results! I log in my calories, try to stay under goal, eat more healthy, exercise 6 days a week and try to read something motivational every day to stay excited about this journey! I know I didn't put it on overnight and that it won't come off overnight... it's all about the journey back to ME! Good luck to everyone...we can do this! DON"T GIVE UP! Feel free to friend request, I love to give/receive support! :)
  • Hi, I am 41 and have done nothing but gradually gain weight over the last year and a half. I think I gained about 20 pounds and would like to lose most of it. I have 2 kids, ages 11 and 9. One day at a time. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • 2jayjaysmom
    2jayjaysmom Posts: 248 Member
    I'm new here also 45 with 2 kids...so you are not alone in this journey
  • 44, recently seperated and starting all over in life. I lost some weight last year after the initial seperation...I believe due to the LOSS off STRESS!! Now I'd like to continue that and loose about 35 lbs.

I am hoping that with actually LOGGING in my food and exercise, it will slap me in the face and make me realize that I need to do more of one and less of the other!! :laugh:

I would love to have friends along my journey!!
  • I am also brand new here....40 plus mom. :) We can do this!
  • 19steph88
    19steph88 Posts: 30 Member
    Here's a group for moms who are over 40...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/618-moms-over-40

Welcome!!
  • I'm 41, just started this today.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    45 and 2 great kids....
  • I turned 40 in August 2011, finding it hard to cut out snacks, back in the gym, i love this app....
  • glennam1
    glennam1 Posts: 172 Member
    I am 40+ with 2 children (20&19...still my children....lol) anyone can add me as a friend if they like. This is an awesome site with alot of encouragement and motivation.....so add away :smile:
  • Here's a group for moms who are over 40...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/618-moms-over-40

Welcome!!

Thanks everyone! I shall join the group above... nice to see daily goals etc. I have been flooded with friend's requests, thank you so very much.. I think I shall start with the forums first...

Nothing Tastes as Good, as THIN feels.... :D