Sweating at the Gym... Hot or Not?

1235»

Replies

• tikikris
    tikikris Posts: 81 Member
    I'm too busy staying focused to even care if I'm too sweaty.

Me, too. Nor do I care if anyone else is sweaty...as long as they wipe down their machine after!
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    it means a great work out, love sweaty bodies
  • david_swinstead
    david_swinstead Posts: 271 Member
    Sweating is like wearing glasses.

They both make hot girls hotter, and ugly girls uglier.
  • the more sweat the better!!
  • HOT.

If you're not sweating, you're not working hard enough. =)
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member

BUT, if you just sweat and you're not doing anything, not so attractive.

This made me laugh, I just imagined someone stood at the back of the gym just sweating on the spot like some kind of gym stalker :laugh:
  • I used to worry about the same thing. Then I went to the gym with a male friend and he said "It's so nice to see a girl actually work hard for once. You're not scared to get stuck in." Since then, I'm proud of the fact that I'm getting a sweat on and not just faffing about. Let's face it, we go to the gym to push ourselves so it's wasted time if it's not done properly!
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    I think sweating is awesome in more ways than 1. Sweating purges your body of impurities, when I sweat I know I am truly working and it is awesome to relieve some water weight. If I weren't sweating I am not working out so why bother going?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Who cares if it looks "hot"? You aren't there to be pretty.
  • Fat_Chopper
    Fat_Chopper Posts: 97 Member
    No one cares.
  • david_swinstead
    david_swinstead Posts: 271 Member
    Who cares if it looks "hot"? You aren't there to be pretty.

While obviously nobody's main goal at the gym is to look pretty... it doesn't hurt if you can look good at the same time as working hard
  • zenJes
    zenJes Posts: 198 Member
    There are gyms where i live where people are actually wearing full blown make up.. its kinda scary and definitely NOT my gym, im a crossfit gal and sweating means you are doing it right!! Also i know if ive had a really good work out by how my hair is lol if i have a full on mane / affro you know its intense. .. although tonight i was literally dripping lol it was sooo good though ... n bahahaha at the sex comment.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,247 Member
    I joined the gym about a month ago after working out with a trainer for about a year. Sweating in private, not a big deal. But, when at the gym, especially doing intense cardio - I can glisten profusely. So, anyone have thoughts on this being a turn on or off to members of the opposite sex. (Not that they gym is a place to date, just wondering.)

I always think it weird when people do NOT break into a bit of a sweat to be honest.

Weirder though, are those females that go made-up to the nines, full make-up the lot!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,247 Member

BUT, if you just sweat and you're not doing anything, not so attractive.

This made me laugh, I just imagined someone stood at the back of the gym just sweating on the spot like some kind of gym stalker :laugh:

LMAO!!!!
  • xginanax
    xginanax Posts: 333 Member
    It depends, If I am in women's gym, i couldn't care less but if its mix gym then sadly i do because then i am always wondering what my face looks like. lol. but personally i like sweating because for me it just shows that I'm working my *kitten* off.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member

And some people are very nice looking until you talk to them. Beauty, as they say, is skin deep.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member

And some people are very nice looking until you talk to them. Beauty, as they say, is skin deep.

^^ This!!
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member

Unfortunately acting like a moron is ugly on everyone and incurable, regardless of what you do at the gym.
  • On me, not hot. I used to go to a women's gym before I went away to college, so I didn't really care that much. But honestly I'm not going to the gym to impress anyone. I don't go to, or leave the gym looking cute in the morning .. and you're not supposed to, so it doesn't matter.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    I wipe down my equipment when I'm done. Beyond that, I don't care what anyone thinks about my sweat or how hard I breathe. If someone has a problem with that, it's on them.

Part of me actually gets annoyed with people who go through the motions and don't sweat. But that's their business not mine, so I don't get too worked up about it.