My Plateau Nutrition Story, Learn from my mistakes.

Replies

• Bump
  • jdcraik
    jdcraik Posts: 13 Member
    Fantastic post; thanks! I saw the word "plateau" and thought, "yep, that's me." Your narrative mirrors much of my experience, and I bet others' as well. My next web stop is Amazon.com for the book. Thanks for sharing.
  • Eat more people!!

I think you'll find there are laws against eating people. :noway:

Haha...indeed
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,849 Member
    Excellent!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    good work OP, will keep reading this when I'm tempted to not eat my exercise cals!! :noway:

Thanks for taking the time to explain:flowerforyou:
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Eat more people!!

:laugh:
  • wakeywildcat
    wakeywildcat Posts: 43 Member
    Bump
  • Ive only been doing this for 3 days so am very new to this.

My net for yesterday was -510.

My intake was meant to be 2080 but i cycled to and from work which burnt off 3000 calories...

Should i there for be eating more or as i have just started not worry about it at the mo?
    How do you know your burning 3000 calories cycling? I began cycling over the summer and I wear a heart rate monitor almost everyday and barely ever came close to 1400 after an hour and a half of hard cycling. Not calling you a liar, so don't take offense :) Just saying don't rely of MFP estimates for there stuff. Want to figure it out really? Go buy this and you'll thank me every day :)

http://www.amazon.com/Polar-Heart-Monitor-Watch-Silver/dp/B001U0OFDC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326397406&sr=8-1
    This will help you keep track of calories burned.

Now if you truly are burning 3000 calories and you end at a net -600 you're body and it's organs are eating themselves for energy. My suggestion if you are burning 3000 calories, which i'm still very leery of, you better start eating a metric ton.

Agree. I cycle to and from work every day which is a 40min each way and total is 350cals ish each way = about 700 for the day burnt. I wore a heart rate monitor the first few times to measure it. Although now I am fitter I should probably wear it again as the calories will be less.
  • slim422
    slim422 Posts: 104 Member
    bump
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Thanks for sharing...
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Eat more people!!

Was thinking the same thing. :bigsmile:

chuckle chuckle
  • jemmott223
    jemmott223 Posts: 10 Member
    Inspiring story. Thanks for sharing, I learned some valuable tips. In regards to muscle loss vs fat loss, I weigh myself weekly for the past year using "weight watchrs" scale. It shows BMi,, fat, water, bone, lbs. As my weight fluctuated over the past year up and down 1 to 4 lbs all the other measurements seem to fluctuate proportionately. I always felt that strange and that maybe the scale was not really measuring everything it claimed to measure but just changing the numbers according to your weight. Can anyone recommend a good scale that measures lbs and fat etc? Or is the weight watchers scale a accurate scale?
  • I am so glad that eating more calories worked for you. Unfortunately, for me, it doesn't work. It makes me gain, even working out at the gym six days a week. I tried eating my exercise calories and when that didn't work, I tried just eating the 1200 allotted to me. Even that didn't work(in three weeks) so I started on the atkins diet three days ago and have lost four pounds. This seems to be the only thing that is working for me, so I will continue. Different things work for different people, but I am really happy that you have found what works for you.
  • sandimack
    sandimack Posts: 158 Member
    Thanks for posting, the farther I get and the more I think I know, I turn a new corner and there is a pile more to learn. I'm loving it!! When I read posts about eating more and eating back calories, I thought they were talking about someone else. I have now done the math and realize I NEED TO EAT MORE! I've been off track for a week but now I am excited to get back at it. Thanks you have perfect timing! :glasses:
  • jleWings
    jleWings Posts: 19 Member
    Bump for later
  • londonms
    londonms Posts: 7 Member
    Complex carbs like grains are good to eat at night. Things like cereal (not Fruit Loops) or a granola bars are good for your body at night. Just be careful about the milk since it is harder for your body to break down. Fruits are a good snack food, but not as good at night because of their acidic content. They can give your heartburn or give you a tummy ache. So, grab some granola or nuts for protein for your body to break down overnight. Also, MFP puts a lot of stress on the midnight to midnight aspect. If you are still short on calories when you go to bed but are full, don't push it. Just eat a little extra for breakfast the next day. Maybe an extra piece of wheat toast or an extra hard boiled egg. Someone else mentioned, it's not math but chemistry.
  • JoanneLynn
    JoanneLynn Posts: 156 Member
    bump
  • lilkitn
    lilkitn Posts: 25 Member
    Thanks for the post! I was curious and I worked out the equation to see if MFP was figuring it out correctly for me. I was pleased to see that it was, now I really appreciate this website!
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Bump, I want to continue to follow this topic.
  • opalmel
    opalmel Posts: 147 Member
    Bump