Just Dance 3 (wii game)

13»

Replies

• ErinsAvon
    ErinsAvon Posts: 72 Member
    I read somewhere on here to divide your sweat points by 4.2. That is still an approximate unless you wear a heart rate monitor. So 1138 calories. Great job!
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    I have a Polar FT4 and I used it with my Just Dance 3 today and I did 56 minutes and burned 136 calories.............
  • ErinsAvon
    ErinsAvon Posts: 72 Member
    My Wii active 2 game had a heart rate monitor and in a 20 minute cardio workout I burn 130ish calories. That workout level feels less intense to me that my JD3 workout for 20 minutes so who knows.
  • Filatina
    Filatina Posts: 85 Member
    if you do the sweat points part of the game, every 1 sweat point equals 4.2 calories

There is no way this is possible. I do 1,000 sweat points a day. I'd be losing weight like mad if that were true.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    For me, I figure I get about 10 sweat points per calorie. It will differ from person to person. Just like with running, the heavier you are the more calories it is going to burn.
  • jilld76
    jilld76 Posts: 324
    I decided to wear my heart rate monitor (polar FT7) today when I did just dance 3 to see how many calories I really burn.

I did 60 minutes for a total of 400 calories. My sweat points were 4700, so I definitely think the calculation of 4.2 sweat points equaling 1 calorie is way off, but I'm still happy with my 400 calories burned.

I do pick the fast paced songs, with a lot of movement and I also try to add more jumping, bouncing, moving, etc.... wherever I can. I sweat a lot playing this game, but again, it's all in the songs that you do.

I also have JD 1 & 2 and love them!
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Same here. I run too and can't imagine burning that much from this type of game. My son and I play Just Dance for about 30-40 mins every other night. But, I don't log it. Just doesn't seem worth it. However, I will admit that my arms and shoulders are generally sore the next day.
    I weigh 175 and the seems a little too high to me. My frame of reference is that I burn ~ 125 calories for each mile I run. That would take me 4 miles to burn 500 calories. I guess it depends what you are putting into it, but I don't think I could close to burning that playing just dance 3 for 45 mins.

I do have the game and I play it with my kids, I get a workout for sure, but nothing close to running.
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    This is my FAVORITE song and dance. I am a total professional at this!!
    Jump on it. 4 stars.
  • 1lizette1
    1lizette1 Posts: 14
    I am new to exercise so I wanted something a little more fun than my treadmill. I bought Just Dance 3 and I tell you I'm in love <3
    I also bought the ABBA Just Dance and it's fun too. I can't seem to find the "sweat" feature on the ABBA one so I just try and do the songs that make me sweat. I like the JD3 because it has the "sweat" feature where I can do the challenge and it logs my progress etc.
    I just picked up Gold's Gym Dance Workout. I'm hoping it will be just as fun.
    I need to get a heart rate monitor so I can log my calories burned better on this site. I wish it was in the database :( I usually put it under "Wii Fit exercise (beginner or low intensity)" because I'm not sure
  • ohpretty
    ohpretty Posts: 58 Member
    if you do the sweat points part of the game, every 1 sweat point equals 4.2 calories

There is no way this is possible. I do 1,000 sweat points a day. I'd be losing weight like mad if that were true.
    It's definitely not true. You can earn a sweat point just by waving your arm - pretty sure that doesn't burn 4.2 calories.

<3 people and their false information. :drinker:
  • SerahLaffere
    SerahLaffere Posts: 223 Member
    Dancing burns so many calories though. Due to all the body movements ect. So I can believe it considering you do the moves to your best.

And not just flop your arms around! :)
  • thegeordielass
    thegeordielass Posts: 208 Member
    I've always worked on 10sp for 1 cal. Makes much more sense then 4.2.
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Hello from Chicago!I just started Just Dance 3 "Fresh Start" 7-Day Challenge. Anyone interested in starting a group where we use the 7-Day Challenge (any program) and log in our sweat points? Looking for encouragement and support and challenge.:smile:
  • Where do I find this group?? I just joined myfitnesspal
  • Filatina
    Filatina Posts: 85 Member
    Yes this makes much more sense!