Bump... Love this!!
  • HisButterfly
    HisButterfly Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bump :flowerforyou:
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Can someone help me figure out the nutritional facts for the cake i made?

i mixed 2 boxes of cake in a plastic container and shook it and then i put 3tablespoons in a small bowl.

But when you mix the two together..you don't really know how much of each mix is in your bowl...it could be 99% angel food or 50-50 or 75-25...how do you come up with a number?

I used Duncan Hines Angelfood and Betty crocker Supermoist butter yellow

http://www.generalmills.com/home/brands/baking_products/betty_crocker/brand product list page.aspx#{3d64d54a-c695-4833-aa60-077f7d0d44a5}

http://www.duncanhines.com/products/cakes/angel-food-cake-mix

if anyone can help me figure out the above so i can add it to recipes, I'd very much appreciate it :)

If you shake the ingredients in the plastic bag really well you can assume you end up with a 50/50 mix. I would probably create a recipe on MFP using the two cake mixes as ingredients, then figure out how many ounces total, and how many ounces are in 3 Tbs (which would be one serving) and let it calculate for me. Example: If the total ounces of both cakes mixes came up to 150 oz. there would be 100 servings of 1.5 oz (avg. weight of 3 Tbs.). NOTE: the weight of 3 Tbs of dry ingredients will vary so weigh it out after you've mixed the two cakes.

Finally, a good use for algebraic equations! :laugh:

Math is not my thing...i'm sitting here trying to figure this out and its driving me batty.

Total ounces of the 2 boxes is 31.25

I'm new here, and I've seriously never done this before.

If you have a food scale measure out 3 tablespoons and weigh it. Divide the ounces of the two boxes by the ounce of the three tablespoons and that will give you your amount of servings. Next go to food then recipes, enter both cake mixes and the amount of servings and that will give your calories.
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options
    Should I cook it in my Easy Bake Oven?
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Great idea! thanks!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    This sounds fabulous! How do you know it is only 42 calories? I just want to be sure.

42 CALORIES IS WRONG! 100-110 CALORIES is closer

Another wrinkle .....Betty Crocker is now making their cake mixes 17% smaller.
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    bump - sounds so yummy and easy.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    If you use diet soda it adds better flavor =]
  • lesha_cole
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou:
  • designerel
    designerel Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump
  • skmolove
    skmolove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i am going to try this. it sounds do-able even if it is more than 42 calories. i recently baked yellow cupcakes & w/o icing they were 150calories each.
  • suzeqnow
    suzeqnow Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options

If you have a food scale measure out 3 tablespoons and weigh it. Divide the ounces of the two boxes by the ounce of the three tablespoons and that will give you your amount of servings. Next go to food then recipes, enter both cake mixes and the amount of servings and that will give your calories.

okay so if the 3 tablespoons come out to 1.20 oz
    and the 2 boxes total 31.25oz

is 0.0384 the number i should be inputting in the recipe thing?

and do i select: OF "1 package" - in the drop down?
  • rosalee87
    rosalee87 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    bump
  • glenda_ok
    glenda_ok Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • ShoeDeahva
    ShoeDeahva Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • PeanutsMamaTx
    PeanutsMamaTx Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    sounds good... and do-able since you won't have an entire cake at your disposal all at once!