how many calories are you allowed?

2»

Replies

• I'm 44, 5'9", started earlier this month at 190, and want to be 145. I'm allowed 1360, unless I add in exercise which I am trying very hard to do regularly.
    I have a question-
    The majority of people seem only to be allowed 1200, and I'm wondering if when I set up my profile and said my goal was to work out 4 times per week for 30 min. if that was factored in to my daily? Because my weight isn't really budging when I'm not exercising.
    I'd like to know what I should eat to lose 1-1/2 lbs per week if I don't exercise, and lead a mildly active or sedentary life.
    Help?
  • Okay- just answered my own question.
    I went back and created and entered my data without any exercise and it gives me 1220 a day, not 1360!
    When I originally entered my info I put down cardio 3 times/week for 30 min. because this was my goal to myself, BUT the calculations figured that in as a base, and assumes that I am doing that. Then, if I exercise beyond that I would enter it in my log!
    So....I guess you can only enter exercise above and beyond what you originally listed. Otherwise you'll be eating too much (getting calorie credit twice!).
    Bummer, this probably explains my very slow loss. But, I'm pretty hungry often anyway!
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    I am 135 and want to be 120 to 125. I went up over Christmas... so I'm battling it back down. I'm allowed 1200 cal unless I exercise. But here's the thing... I exercise a LOT and I'm not losing. I'm usually under my total calories alotted for the day.