To Meet or Not?

2»

Replies

• Vodkha
    Vodkha Posts: 352 Member
    So tonite didn't quite work out.

I had texted him in the morning, asking if it was still okay that I come over. He said yes, that the invitation was still there. Then for some reason I texted him in the afternoon to make sure that I could come over, he again said yes. Then for whatever reason, I texted him again in the evening. I think I was expecting him to text me to confirm that I was still coming over, but he didn't. So I explained to him that I thought he would be asking me what time I would be coming and he FREAKED OUT! He asked me how many times I needed to confirm he was wanting me to come over, and obviously it was clear I didn't want to come over, and that he wasn't going to beg me to come over. Then he told me he didn't want to see me tonite, and not to show up because he wouldn't answer the door.

I know him pretty well, and he has told me he can have a (non-violent) bad temper sometimes, and if he ever gets angry, he gets ANGRY, but to leave him alone for a bit and he calms down. So I tried to leave him alone. We texted a bit late in the evening and he said he was less mad at me, and him being angry at me wouldn't affect later hanging out. He seems to put up with my insanity pretty good, and I can deal with him freaking out. I did pretty much provoke it. It is obviously his personality, and it's easier to accept people as they are than to try to change them!

Better luck next time, I guess.