Any fellow MICHIGANIANS?

2»

Replies

• swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    i'm an up north girl- from just north of traverse city

WOO MICHIGAN! :flowerforyou:

I'm an even more up north girl! lol... From UP... Marquette. The snow is finally starting to melt, but we got another snowfall last night! Went out to my clothesline on Tuesday (it was in the high 40's) and the snow was still up to my knees :sad:

I want Spring!

I spent my sum mers up north on Mc Donald Lake in Gulliver... then after my grandparents passed away everything changed... boy do I miss it up there I must say my childhood up there was the best days of my life... the fresh air being by the water swimming in the lake.. man lots of memories but alll good memories..

Sheila
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    lets not forget about all that berry picking... fresh berries mmmmmm man I Miss it up there. my husband now has never been up there.. I want to take a trip up there and show him all the places.. all the falls.. picture rock , ghost town ( Fayetville) is that still there ??? big springs???? Devil slide???

sheila
  • mhosner
    mhosner Posts: 264 Member
    Cadillac - which is near Traverse City. Newer to Michigan. Been here for 8 years now.
  • LilWaterBug
    LilWaterBug Posts: 213
    Floridian now but ALWAYS a Michigander at heart. :heart: We lived in Rochester (now Rochester Hills I believe) but grandparents had a cabin on Sapphire Lake in Lake City, near Cadillac, where we spent every weekend and every vacation. My mother and grandmother are buried there and I get back every 5-6 years or so. I sure do miss it! Fresh water, perch, bass, bluegill, beautiful trees, blueberries and *fresh* corn straight from the field. Those were the days!! :heart:

Julie
  • I am an ex-pat. I grew up in Bloomfield Hills and now live in Washington, DC. I miss the woods and trails in Michigan. Its hard not to want to go outside in the warmer weather...
This discussion has been closed.