Polar Heart Rate Monitor?

2»

Replies

• finchase
    finchase Posts: 174
    I have the FT7. Be warned: It's evil. Since I got it in September I have consistently pushed myself harder and harder every exercise session to get my heart rate up because I was appalled at how few calories it said I was burning compared to what I thought I was burning. In consequence, I've lost about 50 lbs since mid-September and my cardiovascular fitness has never been better. Damned FT7!

Seriously, I love my HRM. It really has pushed me to work harder. My only criticism of it is that it seems to frequently lose my heart rate. I've changed the batteries on the transmitter and that hasn't solved the problem. I'm beginning to think the problem may be the strap. It's quite disconcerting to be pumping as hard as you can on the elliptical and see your HRM registering a 0 for the heart rate!
  • AleksD3
    AleksD3 Posts: 194 Member
    Thank you! I decided to go with the FT7 since it fit into my budget nicely.

Now, do I wear it all the time like the fitbit or just when I workout?
  • finchase
    finchase Posts: 174
    I only wear mine when I work out. You don't want to drain the batteries too quickly. But I keep wearing it after my workout until my heart rate goes back to normal.
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    FT60. Wouldn't go the gym w/o it.
  • melzenitram
    melzenitram Posts: 67 Member
    ok i got the ft4 for my birthday and so far so good except my watch says one calorie burned number and the polar trainer site says another. all the numbers match as far as weight, height, target heart rate zone...why do they differ?
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    RCX5. Its pricey, but has a ton of options! I love it.