Anti-Cheese Billboards.. Really?? (pic)

Replies

• classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Oxygen kills. Every person who has ever died has inhaled oxygen.

Hahah, this reminded me of this:

BAN DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE! THE INVISIBLE KILLER

Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year. Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there. Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage. Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means death.

Dihydrogen monoxide:

* is also known as hydric acid, and is the major component of acid rain.

* contributes to the "greenhouse effect."

* may cause severe burns.

* contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.

* accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.

* may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.

* has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

CONTAMINATION IS REACHING EPIDEMIC PROPORTIONS!

Quantities of dihydrogen monoxide have been found in almost every stream, lake, and reservoir in America today. But the pollution is global, and the contaminant has even been found in Antarctic ice. In the midwest alone DHMO has caused millions of dollars of property damage.

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:

* as an industrial solvent and coolant.

* in nuclear power plants.

* in the production of styrofoam.

* as a fire retardant.

* in many forms of cruel animal research.

* in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.

* as an additive in "junk-foods" and other food products.

Companies dump waste DHMO into rivers and the ocean, and nothing can be done to stop them because this practice is still legal. The impact on wildlife is extreme, and we cannot afford to ignore it any longer!

THE HORROR MUST BE STOPPED!

The American government has refused to ban the production, distribution, or use of this damaging chemical due to its "importance to the economic health of this nation." In fact, the navy and other military organizations are conducting experiments with DHMO, and designing multi-billion dollar devices to control and utilize it during warfare situations. Hundreds of military research facilities receive tons of it through a highly sophisticated underground distribution network. Many store large quantities for later use.

IT'S NOT TOO LATE!

Act NOW to prevent further contamination. Find out more about this dangerous chemical. What you don't know CAN hurt you and others throughout the world.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    our society puts cheese on just about everything. i gave up dairy this year all together except an occasional 1/8c of feta on a salad a few times and nonfat plain greek yogurt.. my stomach isnt bloated and full of gas anymore because of that move ..and i am aiming to get my cholesterol lowered. cheese in moderation is not bad but really how many people actually eat anything in moderation these days . i find the billboard just making you think about how much cheese you eat and what it can do to you. cheese is also loaded with sodium ,fat ,cholesterol and calories.It is also the number one source of bad fat. A 1 inch cube of cheddar cheese has 9 grams of fat.. who eats just one inch cube of cheddar?

Look at the cheese they throw on meats, nachos , mac and cheese ect.. there is no 1"inch cube of cheddar in anything I mentioned

Fat doesn't make you fat or raise your cholesterol.

Eat Fat, Get Fit is what I have learned. The starches (macaroni, rice, potatoes, etc) have more to do with people becoming fat than cheese.

Raw cheese of course is the best, but everyone doesn't have access to it. :(
  • ragekage21
    ragekage21 Posts: 75 Member
    Cheese alone may not "make you fat," but I guarantee if you slashed it from your diet completely, you'd lose more weight, feel better, and have more regular BMs. Sorry for the TMI, but it's true. Why do you think there are so many commercials peddling fiber these days?
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    cheese is also loaded with sodium ,fat ,cholesterol and calories.It is also the number one source of bad fat.

Contrary to popular belief, dietary fat and cholesterol is not bad for you. We need both of those things to function. The only "bad fat" is trans fat.

i disagree..any fat that solidifies when it cools is not good for the arteries.

http://www.realjock.com/article/1020

It could just be my computer, but that link did not work for me. Also, I would watch where you get your nutritional information. Try to look at more varied sources and view points.

Please keep in mind that your body is around 30 degrees warmer than room temperature, so that saturated fat will not solidify in your arteries.
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    cheese is also loaded with sodium ,fat ,cholesterol and calories.It is also the number one source of bad fat.

Contrary to popular belief, dietary fat and cholesterol is not bad for you. We need both of those things to function. The only "bad fat" is trans fat.

It could just be my computer, but that link did not work for me. Also, I would watch where you get your nutritional information. Try to look at more varied sources and view points.

Please keep in mind that your body is around 30 degrees warmer than room temperature, so that saturated fat will not solidify in your arteries.

I looked at that article. It was supporting cheese. :)
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    I pretty much ignore any ad sponsored by a particular industry. I will learn from them, sure, but I usually just take one look and move along. This is the United States of Special Interests, after all, and advertisements are the weapon of choice.

Thanks for the entertainment!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Oxygen kills. Every person who has ever died has inhaled oxygen.

GREAT POINT! I'm holding my breath now. I'll let you know how that
  • ragekage21
    ragekage21 Posts: 75 Member
    I don't know where this "the only bad fat is trans fat" is coming from, but saturated fat is ABSOLUTELY NOT good for you. Any way you slice it, there are alternatives to cheese for both protein and calcium that are more heart- and artery-healthy. This doesn't mean you can't have it in moderation, obviously. But the fact that everyone is so defensive about cheese should tip you off that it's something we know is not the greatest for us but love anyway. And that's fine, for those who eat it.
  • bump for cheese!
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    It would be more accurate if they claimed those were your thighs on corn; high fructose corn syrup and corn chips seem to be more likely culprits than cheese.

But, while I do eat cheese, humans are mammals, and mammals have evolved to discontinue consumption of dairy products after being weaned. Lactase persistence is a recent phenomenon in only a relatively small percentage of humans.
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    If they want to see why we, Americans, are fat...should start by looking at what they are feeding in school cafeterias! I think it is because of 'fake cheese' that we are fat...give us REAL CHEESE! NOM NOM NOM! :smooched:

Have you seen this story making the news rounds this week? Junk food and unhealthy lunches in schools apparently are NOT making kids fat. It's what they're eating the rest of the day.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/junk-food-school-childhood-obesity-relationship/story?id=15407170#.TyAYToE4JS8

Very interesting!

Thanks for sharing the link, but that actually supports what I am thinking (may not have said, because wasn't going into it)...it isn't the fact that they have junk food that is making school children fat, it is what they are making and serving on the lines that is amazing! My husband is a teacher and he comments most days about what is being served (and how much more it costs to buy a cup of salad vs buying a hamburger...)
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Have you all decided on a culprit yet?
    Cheese? Carbs? Government? Fake food? Corn? School lunches? McD's?
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    I had cheese for breakfast and cheese for lunch and my pants are falling off today.

u mad cheese-hatas?
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member

You got it girl.

**** PubMed. When I want accurate information, I get it from "realjock.com".
  • classycouture

D. All of the above! (well, technically 'H', but who's counting??)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    I love it because I personally HATE CHEESE! Cheese is so gross, it doesn't even taste like a real food plus the smell, consistency, eww!

- Cheese Hating Household
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    I think they meant to say, Cheese Doodles

My thoughts exactly.
  • classycouture
    I think they meant to say, Cheese Doodles

My thoughts exactly.

Or Cheese Whiz!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,716 Member

Anyone or anything so long as it's not ourselves!
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    I don't know where this "the only bad fat is trans fat" is coming from, but saturated fat is ABSOLUTELY NOT good for you. Any way you slice it, there are alternatives to cheese for both protein and calcium that are more heart- and artery-healthy. This doesn't mean you can't have it in moderation, obviously. But the fact that everyone is so defensive about cheese should tip you off that it's something we know is not the greatest for us but love anyway. And that's fine, for those who eat it.

Show your sources that PROVE (not CORRELATE, PROVE) that saturated fat is a direct link to coronary heart disease.

Here's a tip: there are none that directly prove it.