runners... is this possible?

2»

Replies

• gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Race day you're going to be pumped up. Just keep a good pace that you are comfortable in and just go. You'll probably surprise yourself. Alot of it is mental.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Absolutely!! I went from 3 to 13 in about three and a half months! Best of luck!!
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    2 months = very possible to add 2 more miles to your running. GL!
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    I did it... so can you... just get yourself out running as much as poss... to be fair, 10km is only about 2 more miles than your max run at the mo, so probably an extra 10-15 minutes running. Just try and push yourself each time to run 0.5Km or 0.5m more...whatever you work in. Make sure you deal with niggles as they come, but as 10Km isnt a long run, you should be fine anyway.
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    for sure you can, i increase my miles by 1 each week (training for a half marathon and then a full). you can far surpass 6.4 by that time
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,459 Member
    You have plenty of time! In two months you can probably be well past 6.2 with the foundation you have.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    You'll be fine.

FWIW - I reject that 10% rule. I say listen to your body instead. People throw it around like it is some sort of guarantee or something. The truth is you might be able to jump for 4 to 5 miles with no problem or you could get injured going from 4 to 4.25.

Either way, good luck and have fun!

This.
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Totally doable. I just finished a half marathon on Sunday and the longest I had ever run was 7 miles. You have run 2/3 of a 10K already. A 10K is 6.2 miles so you are almost there already.
  • BeesKnees181
    BeesKnees181 Posts: 166 Member
    Yes. You can do it. Check out some of the training guides at Runners World, increase distance slowly. You will be just fine! Mind over matter, lady :wink: Try to incorporate one long run a week.
  • I'm excited for you and your new challenge! You will rock it and then some!