World of Warcraft

Replies

• portalm
    portalm Posts: 201 Member
    Id love to see a massive world with A hell of alot of pvp, World pvp in wow during vanilla was AMAZING, Battle grounds were blah. Those massive battles at STV, or Arathi highlands were just sickkkk
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    I'm not actually a gamer but I love WoW. I feel lame, though, because I lack the ambition, so I only have one 85 character and rarely take part in raids or dungeons or whatever.

I play Alliance on Dun Morogh (German realm) but recently started a Horde char on Emerals Dream where I intend to make a Horde Panda once MoP comes out, too. I got a Beta key so I could get a peek at it (before I got bored of constantly downloading patches that took hours) and it looked SO good.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    I play, raiding 3 or 4 times a week on EU Magtheridon. Don't log in all that much besides raids at the moment, but this will change drastically on the 25th of September ;D
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Id love to see a massive world with A hell of alot of pvp, World pvp in wow during vanilla was AMAZING, Battle grounds were blah. Those massive battles at STV, or Arathi highlands were just sickkkk

I miss the old school, epic, all-day AV wars that my server used to have. You could literally join it in the morning, play for an hour, log off for work, come home, and join the same battle. Ah, the days of actually having to keep hold of posts, gather the stuff to summon the elementals and NPC reinforcements, and white-knuckle teamwork, as opposed to the Zerg rush it turned into.

Then, there was the one time the top Alliance guild camped Blackrock Mountain and pissed off the top Horde guild, so the Horde guild went and decimated the Alliance cities (and kept them that way for their whole raid block, which the Alliance so rudely interrupted).
  • portalm
    I remember Going to do the Faction leader kills Back in VANILLA, They gave soooooo much honor. We would go with like 10 Heavily raid geared guys, Sneak in and decimate them. That was even before they made the achievements and stuff.

God how that game truly truly went downhill. I think Star Craft should become an MMO... With ONLY PVP!
  • Dragonwolf
    I remember Going to do the Faction leader kills Back in VANILLA, They gave soooooo much honor. We would go with like 10 Heavily raid geared guys, Sneak in and decimate them. That was even before they made the achievements and stuff.

God how that game truly truly went downhill. I think Star Craft should become an MMO... With ONLY PVP!

Isn't that what SC multiplayer basically is? ;)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    I didn't played till TBC but I do miss world pvp. Isle of QQ was amazing! rated bg's are kinda nice but the old premade vs. premades were just awesome!
  • portalm
    But you dont ACTUALLY get to be a hero. You get to control the army. Even then SC2 was not there platform game. They came out wtih D3 and everyone and thier mothers decided that it was going to be the new thing. TBH I played it, Didnt enjoy it, They could have, and SHOULD have done so much more with that game. other than make it just another Gear grind. With a real money AH really?! Your greed is that much that you have to take cuts from Pixels on the computer screen! WOW
  • Dragonwolf
    But you dont ACTUALLY get to be a hero. You get to control the army. Even then SC2 was not there platform game. They came out wtih D3 and everyone and thier mothers decided that it was going to be the new thing. TBH I played it, Didnt enjoy it, They could have, and SHOULD have done so much more with that game. other than make it just another Gear grind. With a real money AH really?! Your greed is that much that you have to take cuts from Pixels on the computer screen! WOW

Yeah D3 has Activision written all over it (as do the last couple of WoW expansions). I really don't understand why (or how) Blizzard got bought out by them (Blizzard was three times larger/more successful than Activision, you can literally see where Activision acquired Blizzard in their financial statements). I hate what they've done with the franchises.

What you're looking for is an MMORPG. Technically speaking, even the original SC fits the definition of just MMO, I think ("Massively Multiplayer Online" game, which is basically what it is). ;) (Okay, yeah, I'm nitpicking.)
  • portalm
    Actually I consider SC an RTS (real time strategy game) Rather than an MMO Although yes yes yes if you really wanna get techical it is an MMO.

I figured everyone considered MMO as MMORPG. Thanks for the nit picking.

And ya i know i used to swear by blizzard games. Im almost afraid to see what they do with Heart of the Swarm. They have basically ruined Blizzard games. Oh well.
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Hey now, no hating on the rogues boys.
  • doomspark
    doomspark Posts: 228 Member
    I play Alliance on Medivh. My guild is IXOYE, which, of course, is the best guild on the server.

Due to real life constraints, haven't been on in a while and I'm missing it.
  • kureiko
    kureiko Posts: 48 Member
    I haven't played in awhile, even though I have the subscription. My main is Naimo, and I play on Cairne nowadays. I'm (sadly) now Alliance, though I used to only play Horde over on Wyrmrest Accord. I'll probably get back into it once MoP hits.
  • On Terokkar and Kilrogg EU here. Played since Vanilla an raided up until a few months ago when I got bore of farming Dragon Soul -.-I don't get too much chance to play atm but I generally log on a few times a week to see what's happening :) Any other EU people out there? If anyone wants to add my RealID just message me!
  • LadySylvanas
    LadySylvanas Posts: 133 Member
    I've been playing WoW for 6+ years (tho I haven't logged in for like 2 months as I'm super bored of farming DS over and over again). Auchindoun EU - alliance. I play SC2 and D3 as well. EU people can message me for real ID though I don't think I'll be very active till MoP hits.
  • can't remember all the servers. Akama horde is the most recent one I have been on. Joethebull, geekyjoe, and Otakujoe are the three common names I use and usually play gnome, dwarf, Tauren, and Goblin
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    I pay horde on Skullcrusher.
    Haven't played in a while due to work and my etsy business.
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    WoW addict for over six years, currently recovering. Was on Steamwheedle Cartel-US server for years, my main toons are now on Argent Dawn-US. I have nine 85s.

Now playing SWTOR. Have five 50s already. Yeah, I'm a video game geek.
  • Novezero
    Novezero Posts: 17 Member
    Hah, my first post has to be a Wow one (I can't escape it)

My main is a nelf resto druid in a 25 man casual raid guild on Aggramar EU. I started playing at the end of 2007 so I'm a TBC lover!

I was properly addicted at the start of 2008 but I have chilled a lot more now (life and child stuff) I met my future husband through Wow as well.

My things to do in Wow are raiding (on hiatus until MOP), alts (I have 10 85s, 2 84s, a 70 for TBC raids, a bunch of lower horde alts) and gold making (sitting at about 2 million gold atm)
  • SuperSteph81
    SuperSteph81 Posts: 29 Member
    Also a WoW player. Horde all the way. . . . .currently playing on Blood Furnace and Proudmoore. Looking for a diff mountain time server to play on.