GIrl, please; are bikini pics really the best display of a "

Replies

• yummymummy52
    yummymummy52 Posts: 34 Member
    As soon as my body is completely bikini ready, I'll post it all over this site.

Me too! The reason I don't post pictures of my body now is because I don't want anyone to see it. However if I get to a stage where I am happy to be seen in a bikini then damn right I'll post pictures of it!
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    I wear a bikini when I am not flying, or exercising in the pool or hiking on the beach.

I don't see a problem with people posting bikini pics - better than potty shots in a bathroom.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    I don't think we should wear certain things on this site, some articles of clothing are too revealing however outside of this site, when I get down to 130 ish, I prob will sport a bikini to the beach! maybe not after kids but now, why the hell not!! There is a place and a time for everything, I'd like to think!!
    you are very entitled to think whatev you wish, that's your right! And I think if my bods good enough for bikini then yuuup!! Lol
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    I looooove showing these cuts off. Y not display your achievements and be proud for your hard work
  • I have no problem with women who have bikini bodies showing them off. And, no, I don't agree that to each their own because I have had to look at 300+ pound women frolicking at the seashore in nothing but a string bikini. That is a nasty site! Wear what you want but please keep the rolls covered in public. That goes for half shirts, guys wearing pants around their hips with fat a**es hanging out (I don't want to see any a**es to be truthful), guts coming out from under short shirts, guys with huge boobs hanging down at the beach.... I could go on and on. It's visual pollution and hate on me all you want. Nasty is just plain nasty and if you didn't think being morbidly obese was unattractive, you wouldn't be on this site and people wouldn't be posting so many before and after pictures and commenting on how GOOD the after ones look!
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 673 Member

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Wearing super short shorts and a really revealing top is just disgusting in my personal opinion, UNLESS they're your workout clothes (and even then, there's a fine line between what's acceptable and what makes someone look like a *kitten*).

Really? Well if me wearing this bikini makes look like a *kitten*, then I'm one badass *kitten*! LMAO

427595_7493.jpg

HOT!!!
  • Julahoops
    Julahoops Posts: 4 Member
    I think it is great that you have such strong beliefs, and I find a lot of parents let their children grow up too quickly just because the marketing in our society has allowed for it, but do remember to let loose every once in a while. there are a lot of beautiful 1950 style high waist-ed full top "bikini's" you and are your daughter could embark on. Shorts shorts do not look great on everyone; even once they have reached their desired goal, so that is more a preference thing. The only thing that worried me about your post would be your daughter might resent you for not allowing her to wear what the other girls are wearing, I only say that because I wasn't allowed to wear make up till I was 15, and my dad made comments about my clothing until the day I moved out at 18. I still carry some of that resentment towards them for not letting me make my mistakes when I was younger when they could explain to me why what my choice didn't actually give me what I wanted. Whereas I find now I make those same mistakes with my clothing/ presentation choices and I have to figure it out myself. No mumzy or pops to console me.
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Brand New Profile Photo just for this thread!! :heart: :heart:

work it ;)
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    "Body of a woman, white hills, white thighs,
    you look like a world, lying in surrender.
    My rough peasant's body digs in you
    and makes the son leap from the depth of the earth.

I was lone like a tunnel. The birds fled from me,
    and nigh swamped me with its crushing invasion.
    To survive myself I forged you like a weapon,
    like an arrow in my bow, a stone in my sling.

But the hour of vengeance falls, and I love you."

From the poem "Body of a Woman" by Pablo Neruda.

A woman's body is like a work of art. Why would you want to cover it or be ashamed of it?
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Just because someone voices their opinion doesn't mean she should be treated like crap about it....None of you being rude or mean and calling names have any right to do so....she clearly stated that this was HER OPINION.

I can understand her being offended by some peoples choice of pictures on here, and that's fine. I can also understand people's reaction to it. All in all, if you post pics don't make others feel as though they have molested you after looking at your pics, I think that is all she was trying to get across. Be classy, tasteful (which 2 piece bathing suits CAN be and most are....)and why doesn't everyone try being respectful.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,832 Member
    This is for you, OP, and all who claim we shouldn't post these.
    I'm sure God will burn me once I click "Post Reply."

285489_10150319049677803_615052802_9301262_1818724_n.jpg

I'm such a shameful, shameful *kitten*.
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 713 Member

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Wearing super short shorts and a really revealing top is just disgusting in my personal opinion, UNLESS they're your workout clothes (and even then, there's a fine line between what's acceptable and what makes someone look like a *kitten*).

Really? Well if me wearing this bikini makes look like a *kitten*, then I'm one badass *kitten*! LMAO :flowerforyou:

427595_7493.jpg

Us badass *kitten* are what makes the world go round.. Lucky I dont have a bikini pic on my computer hehehe
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,380 Member
    So I guess all of you here who are saying people should be allowed to wear what they want nad its their perogative ( I agree btw) would alos have no problem with a man walking down the street with nothing more than a smile on his face and you'd have nothing agains tthe Muslim woman who chose to cover her face as part of her religion and nothing against the goth who walked his girl down the street with a leash around her neck?

If you want to be an advocate of freedom of expression, then please don't forget to be consistant.

The man with nothing but a smile on his face would be breaking site rules and probably local laws of indecent exposure.

The Muslim woman can wear whatever makes her happy so long as she doesn't say that everyone else should be doing it, too.

No problem with the goth guy as long as the goth girl with the leash on is a willing participant. And as long as they don't think everyone else should be wearing leashes, too, regardless of if it's something that makes everyone else as happy as it makes them.

And the OP can dress as modestly as she wants (or show some cleavage, whatever), so long as she doesn't bash on other people doing what they feel is right for them.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    I think body confidence is hugely under-rated.
    However; is it really confidence that leads a woman to feel she needs to display her nearly naked body for comment?
    Personally (and yes, this is my OPINION) I prefer to keep some parts of my body a secret for only my husband to unwrap. I don't wear a bikini. I don't wear a sports bra without a shirt over it. I don't wear "ta-da!" shorts. Or any number of the myriad of revealing clothes that I've been told I should aspire to wear. I don't let my daughter wear them either.
    Thoughts....

I agree. . .
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Like I said before, just because you said it was your opinion it doesn't mean you were stating it as an opinion. Posting a thread about it, and the way you said it is calling for attention, debate and definitely not the nice type.

- If it doesn't break the Forum rules, IT IS OK!!!!
    - If bikini pictures offend you, STAY AWAY FROM THE POSTS!!!!
    - LIVE AND LET LIVE!!!
    - If you are that conservative, why would you even be bothered by online topics like this? Do you live in a bubble and never go out? Bikini pictures should be the less of your concerns.
    - Just because you don't like it, it doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't either. The world does not revolve around you.

And to avoid your eyes get damaged with those pictures, just make sure to read the "SUBJECT" of the thread, for the most part they say words like "PICTURES" "PICS" "PHOTOS" which means exactly that, there will be pictures included.
  • ActorGirl1476
    ActorGirl1476 Posts: 221 Member
    This is for you, OP, and all who claim we shouldn't post these.

285489_10150319049677803_615052802_9301262_1818724_n.jpg

I'm such a shameful, shameful *kitten*.

you look lovely
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,079 Member

I don't really think that comment was necessary to prove your point-- especially since all people who believe aren't judging others in bikinis.
  • NaturalinCO
    NaturalinCO Posts: 164 Member
    My daughter doesn't wear bikinis - she never has - but it's her choice after she's 18. I've never had a bikini body so I never wore them and I can't say I ever would wear them ONLY because they are SO revealing and really - your body has to be ON POINT to get away with that look. And after a certain age...it can get scary seeing bikinis! A sports bra and shorts though? I'm okay with that - not sure I could do it at the gym, but at home sure. You let this body get hot enough though and I just might wear shorts and a sports bra to the gym!!! LOL!! To each 'her' own...just make sure all the parts are exactly where they are supposed to be - people have to look at that! Make it GOOD!
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 673 Member
    I'm sad I can't post an updated bikini picture [I left all of my bathing suits in Philadelphia when I moved back home :sad: ] BUT!

I did change my picture for the OP :) It's still skin regardless!
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    as someone who could wear a bikini and chooses not to in the name of modesty, i've given this subject a lot of thought. not everyone agrees with me, but in my humble opinion (and for me personally) those parts of my body are "hidden treasures" that only my husband gets to oogle. it is a special and beautiful gift i can reserve for his eyes only.

I like how you put your post, I'm totally not bashing. But bikini's still hide "hidden treasures" The only difference is you can see someones abs.