Nexplanon implant and weight gain

124»

Replies

• Saburton001
    Saburton001 Posts: 2 Member
    I am past due of having mine removed and I'm glad I found this post. My experience with it has been good and bad. When I first got Nexplanon in (Oct 2013) I had medium periods then light spotting daily for 5 months. At the time I had read that some women spotted daily for 2 years and I was scared that would happen to me. Thankfully it didn't and I haven't had a period or spotting since February 2014, it's now March 2017. Unfortunately that's the only good thing about having the implant. All the other problems I've had but didn't realize were related to the implant include very very low libido, 50 lbs weight gain in the first year and inability to lose it regardless of counting calories and doing cardio and weight training, bra size went up 4 cups so lots of back and shoulder pain from that, and depression. I've always had mild depression and learned to deal with it but it got magnified to the point of suicidal thoughts and crying daily for months. I always chalked all of it up to being newlywed living with the inlaws, working 3 jobs and going to school full time and figured it was just stress, and while I definitely think that the stress of that contributed to my mood and weight gain, those stresses haven't been a factor the last 2 years and I'm still feeling all of the symptoms I mentioned above. I'm going to schedule to get it out soon and hopefully the weight and depression will go down or at least be manageable again.
  • tiffnicole711
    tiffnicole711 Posts: 1 Member
    I just got my nexplanon taken out in February and I had it in for 3 years. I gained 30lbs, had terrible mood swings, oily skin, bad acne....I hated it! I still have really bad acne and my weight is going nowhere! I will never get it again
  • Kathaaa23
    Kathaaa23 Posts: 1 Member
    OMG. I am so happy I found this thread. thought something was seriously wrong with me.

I have had my nexplanon for just over a year. Since then, I've gained 30 pounds and despite regular exercise and a variety of diets, I can't lose an ounce. I have been seriously depressed and have ZERO interest in getting intimate with my husband. It has truly affected our marriage.

Doctors assured me there was no data proving weight gain attributed to the implant, but now I can clearly see that is FAR from the truth.

I just want to feel like myself again and lose all this extra weight. I've been feeling strain on my back and knees from the extra weight on my 5'4" frame. Aches and pains I've never experienced before, not even while pregnant.

THANK YOU for making me realize the root of my problem.
  • ilovetwlight1998
    ilovetwlight1998 Posts: 2 Member
    Ive gained 45 pounds with this birth control and i go to the gym 5 days a week and eat less then 1500 calories a day its been 8 months The implant is the depo in a implant form as my doctor stated and many people dont get depo because of weight gain from it
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    I just got my.. haha kidding, whats with these fake reviews?