Hi everyone!

At the suggestion of a couple of folks who are already members here, I've joined as well.

I'm a nursing student (mid-life career change); 2 young adult kids (one Marine, one soon-to-be Marine); divorced (but in a marvelous relationship even if it IS long-distance); work approx. 24 hours/week as a nurses aid (when I'm not cancelled); and I've allowed myself to get out-of-shape and overweight. Some is due to laziness; some was triggered by major life change last fall (lost job, decided to return to school).

It's time for me to get back to fit, and I'm taking it in small bites. Right now, my goal is to reach 130 lbs by June 1 (I'm starting in the mid-140's, I think. I need to re-weigh tomorrow).

I'm also using this experience as the topic for a mandatory research project in my Nutrition class! Thankfully, this site provides great details about protein, carbs, and fats.

I'm not sure how I should list myself as far as current activities go. When I'm not working, I'm home studying. (There's a LOT to study). I'm forcing myself to take an hour right after school to go exercise, and if I apply myself to my studies in the afternoon, I SHOULD have time for more exercise in the evening here at home.

So my starting question: am I "sedentary" or "light active"?

Replies

• debnett
    debnett Posts: 2 Member
    At the suggestion of a couple of folks who are already members here, I've joined as well.

I'm a nursing student (mid-life career change); 2 young adult kids (one Marine, one soon-to-be Marine); divorced (but in a marvelous relationship even if it IS long-distance); work approx. 24 hours/week as a nurses aid (when I'm not cancelled); and I've allowed myself to get out-of-shape and overweight. Some is due to laziness; some was triggered by major life change last fall (lost job, decided to return to school).

It's time for me to get back to fit, and I'm taking it in small bites. Right now, my goal is to reach 130 lbs by June 1 (I'm starting in the mid-140's, I think. I need to re-weigh tomorrow).

I'm also using this experience as the topic for a mandatory research project in my Nutrition class! Thankfully, this site provides great details about protein, carbs, and fats.

I'm not sure how I should list myself as far as current activities go. When I'm not working, I'm home studying. (There's a LOT to study). I'm forcing myself to take an hour right after school to go exercise, and if I apply myself to my studies in the afternoon, I SHOULD have time for more exercise in the evening here at home.

So my starting question: am I "sedentary" or "light active"?
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: