Best Exercise for my Booty ;)

2»

Replies

• amandal15
    amandal15 Posts: 108 Member
    Thanks so much! All of this helps. Going to check out the dvds too! And the bodybuilding website.

I need to tone and lose :)
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Are you trying to shrink it or increase your muscle there? Squats might help lift it but as I understand it you can't target fat loss. So, if anything, I think squats would make it bigger/rounder...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You can't target fat loss no but you can build up your muscle mass which requires more calories simply to exist and thus a more shapely figure and burning more fat just by living...

I'm doing some strength training myself, with exactly that in mind. I haven't been particularly targeting my pudgy thighs or belly though, because I figure any lean muscle in my arms, chest and back will do just as much to help fat loss???

Correct !

I was being more specific regarding muscle gain as you CAN target muscle gain obviously.
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    i do this and its KILLER

Hip-Lift Progression
    This is an awesome way to relieve tension in your lower back and work your butt at the same time. (A cushy mat will keep your tailbone from crying afterward.)
    Do it:
    Lie on your back with your arms at your sides with your knees bent and your feet on the floor.
    Lift your hips toward the ceiling. Hold for 1 count, and then lower back down.
    Repeat the lifts for 60 seconds, squeezing your glutes and hamstrings at the top of the range of motion. Be careful not to overarch your spine.
    To make this exercise more difficult, extend one leg at the top of the lift. Keep your thighs parallel and hold the lifted position for about 5 seconds.
    Keeping your hips up, place your foot back on the floor and then lower your hips.
    Repeat this exercise for 30 seconds; switch sides and do the move for another 30 seconds on the other leg.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    I was blessed with a badonkadonk ;) of course when I was younger it was my best asset...I have a desk job and well it has expanded over the years. I've been doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and I've lost weight and itches, but I would really like to do something that focuses on my booty...lake season is just around the corner :) So, any exercises? DVDs? Anything you can suggest? Thanks so much!!!

Squats, lunges (esp. static lunges with your rear foot elevated), step ups, butt bridges. All with weights as heavy as you can do 6-8 reps with good form.

I also did the Butt Bible. That girl doesn't mess around. Just make sure your weights are heavy enough to make a difference.